Electrical & Lights Bosch Windscreen Wipers

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Wednesday 21st Aug, 2013.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    A few weeks ago I bought one of those bendy wipers for the drivers side from a local motor shop who was closing down. Got it at half price so a nice bargain. Cleans the window great but does make a subtle thwump which started to annoy me so I thought I'd get a new Bosch one.

I've never had a problem with them before with previous cars but I got a drivers one with spoiler from Halfrauds on Saturday and it wouldn't remove water from the windscreen and left big clumps of water. Took it back and the bloke came out and stuck another one on. Same problem.

He was thinking it was the large bracket thing on the wiper arm near the motor end but it wasn't this side of the blade that was causing the problem but the part which is near the centre of the windscreen. Anyway, something was stopping the blade from pressing down properly because the Bosch wiper has a more bulky frame, so is this bad design by Bosch?

If the bendy one gets too annoying I'll just grab a Honda blade, which appears to be far cheaper than Bosch anyway! lol

2. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

FWIW - I've replace the blades on mine with the bendy ones too BUT I had to remove the black piece of plastic from arm on the driver side to allow the bendy ones to work. A philips screw driver, take it off and you're done. Wouldn't go back now.

I didn't use Bosch, but Valero.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Why don't you guys order OEM ones from HH ? Save you having to mess around trying to get after markets ones on.

The facelift flat blades fit the preface lift version too.

4. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

HH don't ship to Ireland and dealers over here are twice as expensive as you guys.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :Blink: oh dear !

6. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

When you say 'bendy' do you mean aero ones? I had some cheap ones that missed screen paid extra for bosh (which I've had on all previous cars) and they were fine :Smile:

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Can't remember the make, never heard of it before but the local auto store had never let me down before. It's started to bed in now so I'm not going to bother changing it again until it's worn.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just thought I'd update but I got a set of Bosch wipers for the Mazda and I'm pretty disappointed. They seem to wear fast and leave a funny haze on the windscreen for a few seconds but by the time the haze is gone it's time to wipe again! lol I'm sure Bosch used to be really good but for £15+ I think this is a poor show, especially when Honda genuine ones are much cheaper.

Anyway, was in Tesco last night and spotted some of their bendy wipers for £5 each. Had a wee chuckle but then thought, why not? It's only a fiver. Damn things left the windscreen crystal clear! Hopefully they'll last but can't be any worse than Bosch and at a third of the price - well I'm very surprised by them!

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    That's down to whatever product the glass has been treated with mate, the polish will smear then clear each time. I use AutoGlym Fast Glass on mine regularly and it's the same situation, I don't really find it annoying though personally.

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I was thinking it was the screen wash (Halfords berry flavour) but then the £5 Tesco wiper leaves the glass clear. Perhaps it's pressing down harder. Once the screen wash runs out I think I'll try a different brand.

DeviateDefiant likes this.