ICE & HFT Bose Audio Amplifier Wiring Questions

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Harvey, Saturday 3rd May, 2014.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Has anyone got a wiring diagram or pin outs for the Bose amplifier as supplied in SE Executive models of the 6th Generation Accord. since I have acquired all of the speakers, amp but not head unit or all of the wiring for the sum of £20 (yes all 7 speakers and the little amplifier too)
    I just wanted to make sure that if I applied power to it, I didnt blow the amp up.
  2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here are all the speakers, few little things to make them fit though,.

Attached Files:

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I think @Chunkylover53 was changing his speakers - 6th Generation too.
    I'm sure he'll be on later.

I haven't done any of this in recent years.
  4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers @Nels, seems its either you or him that reply to my posts half the time. lol
    It looks like there are two power and earth, one left and one right speaker and then an amp power on signal wire, but want to make sure before i power up and blow the unit.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

No worries. We all try and help each other... when we're on :Grin:
    I think DeviateDefiant knows a thing-or-two as well, but haven't seen him on in the last few days.
    It would be wrong for me to advise on the wiring.
    Chunkylover53 likes this.
  6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can't help you with the wiring bud - my Accord came with useless stock speakers so I upgraded them myself. Personally I wouldn't bother installing these speakers and instead go for an aftermarket set because these are gonna be 14+ yrs old now and I'm not particularly a big fan of Bose (but I own Dre Beats so what do I know :lol:).

EDIT: I posted the wrong info - I'm uploading correct info as we speak from dealer manual
    Harvey likes this.
  7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks mate, to be honest I was quite impressed with the sound of the stock speakers, that said age has nothing to do with speakers performance. I have a set of akai speakers and those are 28 years old and sound brilliant.
  8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Right here you go - hopefully this is what you need?
    bose amp mk6 accord.
    demian likes this.
  9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I guess we have differing tastes - the lack of bass annoyed me so I added a sub (which in fairness shouldn't be handled by the speaker anyway).

Then with the LPF/HPF all set the speakers weren't really doing it for me and the rattles pushed me over the edge haha.
  10. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I guess we do. I used to own a vauxhall astra 3rd Generation in which I replaced the front speakers with jbl gto speakers and had a jbl gt4 12" sub in the boot powered by an alpine cde 9850ri head unit and an mrp350 amp and that was a rattle box.

As you can see here is the wires I am faced with @Chunkylover53 have you got the wiring diagram for the amp, rather than the equaliser, or am I to assume that to run the amp I need the equaliser?

Attached Files:

11. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My mistake.. I think a combo of these two pages is what you need then?
    (excuse the sloppy print screen and paste job) page1. page2. page3.
    demian and Nels like this.
  12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers for the information. I've worked it out now

White/blue - power
    black - earth
    yellow/black - switched power (I'll take this from the switched power on head unit)
    Red - positive audio
    black/red - negative audio

The other two sets wires seem to be running the rear tweeters and then the ones for the sub.
    To my thinking I could perhaps connect into one of the rear speaker ones for the door speakers and then run that through a crossover to seperate the bass frequency? and then run that signal into the small amp, which in turn powers the sub.
    I've just tried this in my livingroom with a car battery, some wire the the wires from my home stereo.
    Nels likes this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Indeed it was @Nels
    Now just to strip the door cards off to replace the speakers, which aint a hard job really, in fact they are held on with less clips and screws than the ones on my Astra and rattle less.
  15. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@SpeedyGee should be able to help you with the wiring Qs.

Also the stock Panasonic speakers are 15W (RMS I assume), what RMS are the Bose?
  16. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Well you've hopefully got a couple of days still left this B/H weekend :Icecream:

I've got some tall trees to prune :Fear:
  17. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Nels The stock speakers, after removing one from a scrap car says they are 20 watts, I have no idea what the Bose ones are, but should imagine it is more than that, think my Alpine CDE 9850Ri should be able to handle them ok though.
  18. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Nels yeah right mate, tomorrow going to a re enactment at whittington castle and on Monday to the festival of transport at LLandudno
  19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Oh well, put it on the list.
    Nice ICE cream in Llandudno :Icecream:
    At least in was last time I was there
  20. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There will most likely be some nice ICE cream there, plenty of JLB, Rockford Fosgate, Infinity, Alpine, Pioneer and the likes.
    and to top it all off, scampie and chips :Smile:
    Nels likes this.