ICE & HFT Bose Speakers

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by si_d_2003, Wednesday 5th Mar, 2014.

1. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a Sport model without the sat nav. And I believe the speakers that are in my car are two front door speakers and the parcel shelf speakers. I don't think there are any tweeters behind the meshing on the dash, or any speakers in the rear doors.
    Can I fit some Bose speakers where my original speakers are?
    Will my internal amp handle them OK?
    Could fit some extra speakers where I don't have any?

Thanks

Si

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Only the Acura TSX application of the CL9 had rear door speakers to the best of my knowledge, the standard speaker system you have is indeed two 6.5" speakers in the front doors and two 6x9" on the rear parcel shelf. The premium "6ch" adds in the tweeters I believe.

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to auto-electric, but many have replaced the stock speakers with aftermarket, the general consensus is that you can see a good improvement while still using the factory head unit.

Unless you're going to splice wires and have under-powered speakers running off the same channel, the only solutions for extra speakers I'm aware of is an aftermarket amp or head unit.

3. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cool thanks for the sizes and the info man!

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Watch it on the 6.5" if you do replace them, I believe you need fairly slim line speakers to fit them properly and quite a few end up using homemade brackets with MDF to get them fitting perfectly. Also, it's the perfect opportunity to dynomat the doors for less road noise :Friends:

5. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cool, ill start looking to speakers on flee bay.

6. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok so I got myself some speakers....mayb a stupid question but do speakers have a certain polarity that they should be connected. As there is no + or -.
    l6rgPjq.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I can't explain it better than this:

As for testing and finding the correct polarity, if there's no markings whatsoever I'm unsure what to advise other than trying both ways and trying to "feel out" which sounds right.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Direction does matter as it affects the "phase" of the sound, if the left and right speakers are wired opposite, the sound waves will be cancel each other, most notably the sound waves that make the bass sound.

So to be technically correct you need to know which way round your other speakers are wired.

9. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I found out if you connect a small square battery via wires and the speaker pushes out that is correct according to the + & - on the battery, if its the wrong way the speaker will suck in. Just in case anyone asks for future reference

Pete Alien eh Ted.? likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    eh? :What:What our car have rear speaker there is this nothing the yanks get everything ! even the SE get rear speakers http://hondakarma.com/threads/door-speaker-sizes.571/#post-2517

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I just checked, all models have the tweeters, it's the backdoor speakers that the premium 6ch channel audio (sat nav) systems adds in, all models with the basic radio don't have back door speakers at all and just the front 6.5"s and the rear 6x9"s (including SE).

I forget my 6ch audio was retrofitted so I don't have backdoor speakers, hence thinking the tweets were included in the "6 channels".