Tools Brake Bleeder for motorcycles

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 20th May, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Guys I am on the hunt for the best brake bleeding kit out there for motorcycles and not the ebay tat.

Anyone got suggestions?

2. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Personally for me, Gunson Eezi-Bleed

By far the most reliable and consistent of the brake bleeders out there.

My only advice with it would be to lose the bottle that comes with it and replace it with a lucozade bottle, cos they are hardcore and won't leak.

The caps can and do break as they get brittle with brake fluid and age, they are easily plastic welded back together with a soldering iron and continue to work for a donkeys age.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

nope, not for me, there is a reason why commercial garages use the pressure pots to do it. It is quick, consistent and reliable - the eezi-bleed is just a mini version of it.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah but if this was used once a year on a bike then it will last ..

6. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

I can only lead the horse to water :Tongue:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No compressor here mate , easi bleed don't like the idea using air from tyres to bleed as the air in the tyres is moisture laden anyway. You don't want moisture in the braking system in the first place.

8. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Never had an issue with any of the competition cars.

And knowing you, you are the sort to replace the fluid every 2/3 years anyway as you should, so it will never be detrimental to the system.

In saying that, with the bike, surely you could fill the reservoir, attach a pipe to the caliper and drop the end of it into a small jar of clean fluid and leave it overnight. That way any air movement will immediately be displaced by fluid no matter what direction it is forced. Just remember to operate the lever a few times to disturb the cylinder.

That method works well on the clutch systems which would have more in common with your bike brakes than a car braking system would.

Alternatively, fill the reservoir, get a long pipe onto the nipple and operate the lever whilst you suck on the tube, being a simple system it should bleed fairly quickly and because you are constantly pulling from the nipple it should clear all the air fairly quickly