Suspension, Steering and Brakes Brake Caliper Bracket

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by numan, Wednesday 9th Sep, 2015.

1. numan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Robert Glasgow
    Hello, new to forum after trading in my old Civic for a 2004 CR-V....just had it checked over and my spannerman pal told me that among other things that I can source online I also need a Brake Caliper Bracket/carrier which I can't find anywhere, does anyone have any ideas? Sorry if this is posted in wrong place as I said new here.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Robert,
    Calliper and carriers come together you cannot get a new carrier from Honda, Your best bet is a scrap yard.

BTW what is wrong with the existing carrier?

3. numan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hello ichiban and thanks, don't really know whats wrong, all he said was that caliper was ok but just need a new carrier

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Front or Rear and which side ? You need to know what wrong with it mate just not what he says.

5. numan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hes a good pal of many years and i trust him....He just texted me back just now "its just about seized" front drivers side

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What is seized the Pins or the bolts?, both of them can be freed,cleaned and returned to working order.

7. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Hi Robert and welcome.
    Are you sure your friend don't mean the calliper is shot as the carrier is a solid piece of metal and very unlikely to seize.

8. numan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

interesting ichiban, could you point me to a link that would tell me how?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Brett carriers are solid pieces of metal but the have the slider pins which moved the calliper closer as the pad wears and the piston extends to maintain contact, it keep both self adjusting. if these pins seize then self adjusting aspect fails. So calliper slider pins do seize due to lack of servicing, cleaning and using the wrong grease.

Robert you need to get the sliders out of the carrier and then clean the surface with sandpaper & oil (fine paper) then debur the cavity using a high speed wire brush then slide the pin into the cavity and check for resistance then lube it with high temperature silicone grease don't use copper grease.

10. numan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

so you reckon just replacing the whole kit and kaboodle then ichiban? do you know where to get best prices on parts for cvr as i fear honda official will be out of my budget

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No i don't text your mate and ask him to attempt to repair it, kit and kaboodle yes if you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

12. numan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your advice ichiban, very helpful and much appreciated.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  14. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Yep my bad bud forgot about the sliding pins and boots :facepalm: