Suspension, Steering and Brakes Brake caliper seized

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Rhys, Monday 25th Mar, 2013.

1. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Can some please tell me what this part of the rear caliper is called and can it be bought ? Or is it a new caliper job. Sorry for my lack of knowledge :-(

Brake caliper.

Last edited: Tuesday 26th Mar, 2013
  2. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Am I right in thinking that they are caliper carriers/brackets ?

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    yes they are. is it the sliding pins that the caliper 12mm bolts screw into that have seized? they have concentina rubber boots arround them. you can get them separate i think but to get the carrier you may have to buy the caliper. HH parts would be glad to help if you fancy giving them a bell

4. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Replacing the slider pins in not an option im afraid :-( the bottom pins on both calipers have seized and will not come out !!! Snapped one while trying and bent the other.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How much are you will to spend on this buddy? after all it is a safety device you want to get a replacement with some life left in it.

6. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've got a quote for the carrier and pins from a local honda dealer at about 58 inc vat for one side if that is what I have to pay then so be it. I want to try Holdcroft aswell before placing a order :Smile:

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've found this site very good for finding the names of parts: Link and looks like you've asked about the right part :Smile:

8. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks arcticfire that is a very handy website :Smile: but im not sure what specification my model is as there seems to be 7 different types that come up even though I put the cars registration in :$ the part looks the same in all the diagrams but the part number is different

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Main dealer should be able to get the exact one. Same price anyway i think? I just use it to get proper names of parts and a guide on price!

10. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Searching by VIN should also get a more accurate result.

11. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Tried VIN came up with the same results as putting in reg :$ I'll just order them by phone and speak to someone lol cheers guys