Suspension, Steering and Brakes Brake Discs advice - what have you fitted?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Primarycare, Wednesday 9th May, 2012.

1. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi

In prep for my MOT I want to do the front and rear brake discs and pads. Not done this on an Accord yet are there any tricky bits??

Also I am after some advice please. I was thinking of ordering Mintex Discs and EBC pads (in part down to cost as my quote from Honda was jaw dropping) also thought possibly Brembo Discs..

What have you peeps fitted and what were your thoughts please? The job didn't look to difficult.??

Many thanks

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Still not fitted mine yet due to the lousy weather...missed the one good day last weekend because I had to fix my trolley jack...did you get your quote from HH?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Many thanks, no I rang Honda Northampton to be fair they did advise on the service they did recently that the discs were getting low but they said I should get another year out of them. Not so sure I agree hence going to renew. Not tried HH as thought being Honda one price fits all? The differance in Brembo/Mintex is substantial.

Zoran I noticed the pads in the pic on the link you kindly gave are Jurid are these what Honda supply? The last set on the car looking back through my receipts which came with it were done by Honda but are Textar which I didn't particularly like.

I did my brake fluid on Monday and also the gear oil as was board and had already got the stuff from Honda as thought it was due. Gear box was much better after the change although it was done well within recommended miles. I have also waxed all the brake pipes as I notice some surface corrosion creping in so wire wool and some thick anti corrosion wax which sets semi hard was applied.

Many thanks

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nah HH do offers for AOC members.

7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Think thats worth a phone call tomorrow then.. :Smile: cheers

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stock pads Stock Disc for Street cars , never had any issues with fit figment or life . if you use your brake less you won't need fancy brakes.

simples.

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Just a thought but if your looking at EBC OEM replacement pads due to price why not also look at EBC's OEM replacement discs.

That's what I was thinking of fitting when I change my front discs on my next pad change. But tbh not fully looked into prices yet.

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes I did think about the EBC, few people have said they are better than Mintex and on a par with Brembo. The stock EBC equivalent is reasonably priced and I am not into drilled and grooved discs no point I don't drive it round silverstone.. HH came up with some good prices for the front and rears but the EBC will be fair bit cheaper. Got to get new rubber and the wheels refurbed so will prob have to look non genuine this time round..

Cheers