General Brake Pads What do you think

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MickyB, Thursday 12th Jan, 2012.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited: Thursday 12th Jan, 2012
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've used Mintex pads in the past and thought they were very good.

With OEM though you get shims etc with them.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    own brake pads

With our tie up with HH those prices will look ordinary.my take it's pointless buying aftermarket when you know the price is beatable:cool:

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    of course i would reccomend genuine in my position, but truthfully i have found aftermarket pads to be noisey and a poor fit in the past after doing many jobs out of work. mintex etc can allso be a little noisey at times but are generaly the better aftermarket pads to go for and a little better quality. for what price differance there is, its not worth skimping in my opinion.

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's ok guys I've had my lecture from the Master and I'll be contacting HH shortly.
    Cheers CJ.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It was a friendly nudge ..tut tut you never called me last night you got the hump now.

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

With the Genuine pads you get the pads, 4 anti rattle shims, 2 piston shims and 4 caliper bolts.

With the Mintex you may get a little sachet of grease (if you're lucky). For the minor difference in price it's not worth going aftermarket.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No I've told you somewhere else I apologised as work caught up with me and I crashed out not too long after my meal . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it cool dude don't worry about it just pulling your leg

10. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Skimping a little on your car is not really the best idea, considering it's the thing between you and the road (or you and the person in front of you). Low prices equal inferior quality. And what's saving a few extra dollars (or pounds) when your brakes fail? Best to be safe and go for the genuine product recommended and designed for the Accord.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Which I did. And with our discount from Holdcroft meant that OEM where just as cheap as aftermarket. So thanks to CJ for setting up such an awesome deal with the best dealership.

12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll be doing my rears soon and will give HH a call as well.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We will need a DIY thread please,did Cliff do a DIY on the rear tourer pads?

14. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

We need holcroft honda to expand downinder !! Stop doing this to me, guys. Beefy- get on to it!

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They are know to ship stuff to OZ mate they have sent rage Alloy wheels to Australia.

16. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Got photos for the fronts only, just need to write it up.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cool I may do a tourer one soon just for the sake of it ..lol