Suspension, Steering and Brakes Brake Pads

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 18th Mar, 2013.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Does anyone know if the 2005 2.4 Executive has am indicator that comes up in the dash when the pads are low?

Also, the car sailed through the last MOT in January at a Honda main dealer with no advisories and although the pads are ok, they are a little low. But the discs have a fair sized lip on them which I thought would be picked up?

I'm pondering whether or not to change the pads and discs or should I wait a while and not throw money away too soon!

Cheers!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope there is no onbaord wear indicator for the brakes, it is still a visual inspection.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers, will be getting it done then!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try it yourself if you can there is a Diy for it.

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Will do, I think I spotted that DIY post earlier where there's step-by-step photos - just the stuff I need as I don't think there's a Haynes manual?

Hit a terrible pothole today and I think my wheel balancing is now out as it's vibrating between 60-170 and it better not be buckled as I went through enough crap with my last car and buckled wheels. May even get the tracking checked as I don't know when it was last done.

Roads are terrible. Grrrr

Cheers!

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

60-170 Wowzers!!!!!

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Oppps, 70! Lol that would have been one scary experience haha!