Suspension, Steering and Brakes Brake pedal travel

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Thursday 27th Nov, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just wondering how much travel others have before their brakes bite? Not sure if I need to bleed my brakes better or replace the fluid.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can adjust the brake pedal for travel when was the last time fluid was changed?

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I did a bit of a half hearted bleed and flush a while ago. It does bite almost straight away but doesn't properly bite until about three inches down I reckon, if you know what I mean. Thinking about getting a pressure bleeder or something.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will post sometime today you can check the travel of the brake pedal and see if that in spec. If it isn't then you can adjust the pedal for a stronger bite.

A full flush of the brake fluid will help to chase out the water out of the system.and give you better feel.

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers, will look out for it. Is the brake fluid reservoir cap standard on the CR-V and compatible with these pressure bleeders? I seem to recall you having to get a custom one for the Accord or something?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I can't say definitively if the Accord pressure bleeder cap is the same ID as the CR-V brake master cylinder.Can you take ID measurement of the mouth and I will compare them. provided that is if you want to go down the alba brake bleeder route.

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I was thinking of something like the Sealy one which you pump the pressure up by hand?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cool just measure the cap mouth before committing mate these caps have to have a perfect fit otherwise you will have brake fluid flying all over the place. Brake fluid and car paint don't like each other.

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cool, it was something like this:
    although some of the reviews are worrying. Looks like 42mm diameter is the standard cap size according to them.

For all the times I'll use it I don't think the ALBA one will be financial viable for me so a hand pump one should hopefully be sufficient. Will go and measure the cap.

Cheers

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am sure that cap is thread on ID , Honda brake master cylinder aren't threaded mate they have locking tabs 180 degree to each other on the outer lip of the mouth.

11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Good point, will watch out for that

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Alternatively you go for
    but you need to check how its sealing the mouth. You really need to look at one before committing.