General Brake tested by a BMW driver

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phil1978, Tuesday 28th Jan, 2014.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Driving home today following a BMW (1 series I think) around the two lane ring road, just after exiting a roundabout he indicates left as if going down a slip road to some shops, so I start accelerating up to the speed limit, getting closer to the BMW in front, all of a sudden he changes his mind, cancels the indicators so I let off the throttle but I'm a bit closer than I would normally be, then for no reason on come his brakes, he then pulled away a bit and did it again, unfortunately he was going the same way as me so I didn't get chance to pull along side and give my views on his driving :Angry:

I was going to put up the footage form my dash cam so you could all see this tool in action but I have had a problem with my SD card :Unknown:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate that what's called crash for holiday money! were you ok? if any of these bavarian T**** pulled that stunt with me then they will get more than my size nine up their tailpipes.

Phil1978 likes this.
  3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Yeah I'm fine mate, the strange thing is that I wasn't even really angry, I just thought to myself what a d1ck.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sound like he wanted you to crash into him.
    Lots of that going round lately.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah best thing to do but now till school holidays people will be trying this stunt for that expensive holiday in Spain! be careful and maintain that gap. I would not have been calm infact would have turned the tables on the driver the hunter became hunted.:Wink:

Phil1978 likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I wish I had a dash cam, the other morning, I was tootling along the first lane of an unusually quiet M40 (was quite early) saw blue flashing lights, looked in the mirror and there's this BMW driving coming up in third lane (second lane was actually totally empty) being very (very) closely followed a police car.

As they flew past it became apparent that the BMW had no idea about the blue flashing lights behind him and that the police car was rather unprofessionally weaving left and right, trying to catch his attention.

In the meantime I was having a right giggle at the situation and so wanted to whip out my phone and start recording the whole episode.

Anyway, some fair distance up the motorway, the BMW driver finally moved over into the still empty second lane and the police in car communicated their frustration at him before flying off into the distance.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The rozzers are a law into themselves you can't reason with them.. boils my blood as they can quite easily flex the perception of the law in their favour.

8. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you should have brake tested the rozzers lol

9. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    This is one BMW driver who may think twice about brake checking again....

10. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Those guys are f*cking unbelievable. Also in Belgium, driving around in pathetic 1 or 3 series with hardly something that can be called an 'engine' under the hood they crown theirselve to 'king of the road'. They pass you by on the highway and than, just before the exit they cut off force you to take the exit at 'their speed'. Losers.

FirstHonda likes this.
  11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Funny how it's always a BMW :Grin:

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@i-DSI I'm afraid it happens here in the UK too - I find the worst to be BMW 1-Series and Audi A3. My sense is that many of them are relatively young, and the cars are their first supplied by their companies - I see it myself at my place of work. Scary stuff :SOS:

I always remember having a discussion with one of the youngsters at work, who couldn't understand why I drove my Accord rather than have a BMW 5-Series or Jaguar XF from the company list. She genuinely said (and seriously, too) that she didn't understand "...why I didn't want people to know that I was successful and could have a nice car."

Sad. So sad...:Whiteflag:

i-DSI likes this.
  13. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

She genuinely said (and seriously, too) that she didn't understand "...why I didn't want people to know that I was successful and could have a nice car."

Sad. So sad...:Whiteflag:

Presumably to be successful you need a BMW or jag yeah right !!!
    Presumably she can read your mind -
    I've never bought into badge snobbery or been suckered by the marketing people and their adverts
    always looked for a good solid reliable car hence on 7 th honda - current KB1 legend and it doesn't get abused
    Except once when tailgated for miles at speed limit by Audi with the usual flashing lights to move over in jam packed traffic with
    no where to go - then we hit three lane traffic light filter on red - Audi took his position in right turn revving his engine and stirring at me - young pup he was

Left him for dead then slowed to wait for him at the next round about and just smiled at him - all within speed limits
    Childish really but after miles of being flashed on a dual carriage way in heavy traffic with nowhere to go thought I'd make a point
    He looked at me and said - 'what's that your driving ' - says it all really - he could not even read the labels on the car he's trying to bully out of the way

Sad . So sad

FirstHonda and i-DSI like this.
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Happens to the best of @vincemince (all within the speed limits of course). :Smile: