Suspension, Steering and Brakes Brake upgrade

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rinesh, Sunday 10th Jul, 2016.

1. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,
    I'm planning to upgrade my brakes (front for now)
    The EBC gooved an slotted discs are the one i am planning to buy. But for the pads... I don't know yet.
    What do you guys recommend?
    Mind the car is getting the following upgrades:
    Injen CAI
    Littlebo header and HFC
    Ktuner ECU upgrade with custom mapping.

So... what do you guys recommend for brakepads (and or discs)

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Pads, OEM, Brembo or Ferodo

Discs same as above. I wouldn't go grooved and slotted, they are pointless for a road going car. Plain discs have more surface area so offer better braking.

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ebc Yellow stuff pads are good. Check the latest advice from ebc, blue stuff could be better.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh yeah, on the rears don't get yellow stuff or any other pad that needs a bit of heat build up to work 100% best to go for something with good bite from cold.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I wouldn't touch EBC - stick with either OEM, Brembo or Ferodo. Personally, Ferodos would be my choice.

ukcl9 likes this.
  5. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The EBC discs (the black series which are grooved and slotted) are very good. Friends of mine has them on his S2000, in combination with ferodo 2500. They really are awesome.
    The ferodo's for CL9 seems rare to find or they are not made for them?
    Can not really find them, so that is why i am looking for a equivalent option.
    @DieselPower: THe EBC blue stuff, are they new? Never heard of them.

6. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I have Brembo disc and and Ferodo pads on rear and then Stoptech discs and Ferodo DS2500's on the front and stops very well but I do have the DC5 caliper upgrade on front.

7. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

@rinesh blue stuff are a few years old they're track day pads that are suitable for aggressive street driving. The pads are made for powerfull multi piston calipers and they bite good from cold.

8. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    You should do a guide :Smile:

9. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

I was fortunate that I bought the car with them already installed :Smile:
    DSC_0087.JPG

10. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Very nice :Smile:

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  11. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    They're lovely :dribble:

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  12. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    What thickness have those discs for the Brembo calipers?

13. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@K24 CL9 GUY Where did you buy those Ferodo DS2500 from?

14. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

H-Tune sell the ferodo pads I believe

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  15. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Not 100% on thickness but are S2000 discs so what ever the standard size is I suppose?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Tegiwa I believe but H Tune will have all you need and will get club discount too - use KARMATUNED at checkout :Smile:

16. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I would highly recommend the EBC redstuff or greenstuff pads, have used them many times on previous cars that used to get some spirited driving. Combined with slotted Mintex discs I got a much needed improvement over the stocks.

Personally I would avoid any discs with either too many slots or those that don't reach th edge of the disc, also avoid ALL drilled discs as they are prone to cracking.

I did the brakes all round on my Diesel Tourer last summer, Mintex discs and EBC fast road pads and they're great with plenty of stopping power for such a big & heavy car... New rear callipers also helped.

rinesh likes this.
  17. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Heckler The EBC i am intending to buy are slotted and grooved. So they are not fully drilled.
    I am thinkg to go for the EBC combo with redstuff. Yellowstuf seems a bit 2 much...

18. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Id go for some DS2500 - EBCs really are not very good and have been known for their pads to fail, suffer brake fade, and come away from their back plates.

A quick google shows their unreliablity and wide range of people who praise them, and others who don't. EBC's tend to squeal alot too.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  19. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

In the past, EBC changed pad formulation on what seemed like a monthly basis and some questionable compounds made into production. They have in the last few years achieved stability and now seem to have a good rep. Yellow stuff is by no means hardcore, I have had them on my Honda FR-V for a year+ and they are a good improvement on OEM and seem to get better every day. I believe yellow will be better for you, the bite from cold is good.

rinesh likes this.
  20. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@DieselPower Nice to hear that. What about the dust is produces? Is it much more then OEM?