Off-Topic Brands Hatch polo driver

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nighthawk, Monday 17th Nov, 2014.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I have no problem with his sentence. It was a stupid and dangerous thing to do. A prison term may also stop others from copying him.
    I am however mystified, at how some crimes are given insignificant sentences, but hey, that's a whole other can of worms.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    His girlfriend was shouting stop but did he, well he got it in the neck for it big style. Yes Nelsy you kill someone you will be out in 8 year you rob a bank well they will lock up for good and throw the key away. Kill a coper has see you later never coming out.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Stupid sentence IMO, he might aswell killed someone as he would have got a lighter sentence, he probably will turn into a proper criminal after serving his sentence.

moob likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When he out lets say he won't be doing that again, sentencing was appropriate if you wanted to make an example of this case and TBH we are a soft touch there are no deterrents for crime these days. So sentencing was appropriate to me.

6. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Lots of questions to be asked as how he got on there in the first place TBH, Dangerous driving with the possibility to seriously injure or kill I believe the judgement was on. Pre meditated. Not worth thinking of what could have happened if the prank had all gone wrong. No helmets or proper restraints!

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Maybe, maybe not, a couple of months jail time isn't really anything and not a deterrent, he probably won't do that again as it was a one off dare thing, rather then the sentencing itself. Now he will have a criminal record, become mates with other crims, and perhaps become a criminal himself.

8. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As mentioned before, I think Brands Hatch need to take some responsibility for the incident as well. How on earth did he get on to the track without some sort of security restriction?

Bones126 likes this.
  9. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    8 months?

Bit of a joke.

Who was put at risk by his actions?

Last edited: Wednesday 19th Nov, 2014
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    More like 8months mate ?^^^

moob likes this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

With good behaviour, he'll be out in just a few months. He won't be going to one of the main, hard case prisons, so I doubt he'll be with that GBH, armed robbers or murdering criminals.
    He'll have a job getting insurance too.
    I do agree with the judge sending him down. The precedent is set.

As for Brands Hatch, the security measures need tightening up and one or more must be held to account.

12. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Dangerous driving is a standard of driving that falls far below the standard of that of a competent and responsible driver (so a standard that any reasonable driver would believe is dangerous) - by going onto that race track, it is reasonable to believe that he knew that he could have endangered the life of his girlfriend and the person who was in the back filming the incident due to lack of experience, high speed, other fast moving vehicles etc.

There are always other influencing factors that never make the news and the news only broadcast the results so anyone reading the news can easily get upset with the result of a court case as the papers only publish a small amount of the evidence. A public nuisance charge is completely different and can be reached as part of an agreement within the case. If he had injured anyone, or as a result of his actions, anyone had been injured, then it would have completely changed the outcome, but thankfully nobody was.