ICE & HFT Bricked Sat Nav/ Stereo / Air Con Screen.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Fatzman, Wednesday 8th Feb, 2012.

1. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys
    While trying to fix my Sat Nav (usual DVD not seen) I started doing a Force Download.
    The screen came back with "Do not switch off the car"
    After about 3-4 mins the screen went black and now does sweet nothing (don't want to swear but believe me I am inside)
    I've tried pushing all the buttons (Menu + down key), I've unplugged the dvd-rom and the screen ,but with no success.
    Aircon & cd player all working but little control over these.

I'm not sure if the flash rom is installed in the dvd-rom or the head unit
    Either way their both £250+ on E-Bay let alone at Honda

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Martin

2. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have you tried the 3 button sequence to get to the diagnostics screen?

3. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

what 3 button sequence ?, I only know of the 2 (Menu + Down Key)

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry Lads , probably didn't make it clear but nothing happens not even the Honda earth screen. It's just blank . Menu and Zoom Down does nothing.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try hitting the moon icon aka brightness button any beeps from the unit when you put the key in ?

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good tip CJ. I thought my screen had died once when I bought my first Accord. Then I found the brightness button.

8. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi CJ
    just popped out to try but nothing happened. No beeps the only noise is the dvd rom spinning up.
    Tried the moon button and also tried holding the same button while turning on the ignition.

Mart

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Martin, come back was there a specific reason to why you had to perform a force download and if you can state which DVD version where you using.

Was the disc a copy or original?

10. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Trying to sort out the faulty sat nav, had read some other posts saying that some people had resolved the
    issue of faulty sat nav by forcing a download. The disc is original , It's an old version but a relatively new disk

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    when you mean old version but new disk .. the chances are you have forced the system with an older firmware when the current firmware was higher.

can you try this please ICE & HFT - Sat Nav DVD Disc Error • Honda Karma

Before you do that can you list the version of both discs please.

12. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry , think i've mislead you, I only have 1 disk , when i bought the car (some 3 weeks ago ) the dvd was in the dvd-rom. It is version 2.07 , when i mean new, i mean it looks new as there are no scratches on it.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if the system doesn't respond after two seconds hold it for a longer duration . if that still doesn't have the desired effect remove the terminals from the battery to clear the NVRAM cache in the DVD.

15. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is no screen to try.The Honda splash screen does not appear, nor does the writing after the splash screen. The screen is completely blank. I have already tried the menu + zoom down but nothing happens. I have also tried doing this while turning the ignition on, again no response from the screen.
    I have also removed the power to the dvd-rom and the head unit.

I have tried holding the buttons for around 20-30 seconds just in case

Last edited: Wednesday 8th Feb, 2012
  16. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: NAVI DVD Navigation Disc error

I haven't tried removing the battery terminals just removing the power from the back of the dvd rom and the headunit. will try removing the bat terms tomorrow

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Can you please disconnecting the battery source. If that fails then it looks like you need a second opinion at a dealer who can assess if the damage is to the sat nav unit or DVD rom drive.

If it is faulty then it will be a £150 quid trip to Alpine UK to fix it. Alpine will offer a warranty of repairs.

18. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: NAVI DVD Navigation Disc error

Thanks for the advice CJ, I'm suspecting the NVRAM has got corrupt and the unit isnt booting properly. Do you know if the NVRAM is in the head unit or the DVD rom ? (just curious).
    I'm assuming the head unit

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The NVRAM will be stored on the Unit bud just missed out on the end. Did you have the car running when you did this force update?

If you didn't at times dependant on the battery health and state of charge ..if there is a momentary drop of power or a fluctuation it can cause the unit to go into a tizz.

TOP TIP to anyone always start the car so the alternator is providing power whilst the update takes place.