General Bring back hanging

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barry, Friday 12th Oct, 2012.

1. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

To the unknown person who scraped their cheap black bumper along my beloved Accord
    ending up distorting my wheel arch, then disappearing.
    I hate you,
    I searched the carpark looking for your car still with the red blood of my morello cherry Accord showing on it,
    But couldn't find you, thus giving me a taste of tourettes syndrome for days.
    I hope a joy rider steals your car and rams it into a brick wall.

Malibu likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ooh man this sucks !! Barry I feel for you could you contact the car park owners for CCTV coverage.

3. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did but was told they don't record images they just monitor them.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah right heard that before write in to the company's head office,it will miraculously appear. if the police turn up and want evidence it will come out of thin air. so it is possible

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That sucks man
    I don't like nobody to be parked near my car and always park somewhere far away where nobody wants to park.
    Definitely bring back hanging

6. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice thought! but this was in a 3star Hotel carpark with a nice sign saying that you park at your own risk. with no liability.
    Just unlucky guess.

7. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Your of the same mind, I do that too.
    I've even got to taking pictures on me phone of the cars next to me then deleting them if my cars ok on the return.

8. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sorry to hear this.

It said in the news recently that 97% of drivers who do this don't leave their details.

9. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Just happened to my Wife's red Ibiza, only 14 months old. In a retail park car park, when she parked nobody was around, came back an hour later to find the passenger door had been 'doored' but with so much forced the door panel is dented and its kinked the swage line.

Doubting that a dent doctor can get the kink out, probably looking at a new door, or spray and fill.

Even if you could get CCTV coverage, you can't see enough to see the damage being done, only the car parking by you....

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have made a habit of taking the reg number of cars parked next to me, provided they haven't moved you knew who was next to you. I go fuher and take pictures with my phone.:Whistle: sad I know

One way of combating this menace.

11. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Sorry to hear that bud, I like you find the least popular areas to park in the hope this won't happen.. Sorry your pride and joy has been dented. I could say what I think of these total brain dead morons but I would probably then have to leave the club.. I feel for you though bud..

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sadly, if I am forced to park in one of these sorts of car parks on a retail park etc, I ALWAYS take images on my fone of the cars either side of me, front and back.

Once, I had a fella return to his POS Insignia Rep Mobile, asking me what I was doing. Needless to say it was bloody obvious what I was doing so I warmly welcomed his question with no response which seemed to make his urine boil somewhat.

He then proceeded to explain that "taking pictures of other peoples cars is illegal" - so I told him to STFU and reminded him that this was a public place with no restrictive covenants on image taking and that I am well within my rights to use my device to capute whatever the hell I like. Be it cars in a car park or cigarette ends rolling into a gutter. That soon made the gimp shut the hole in is face.

As he got into his poverty spec repper mobile, muttering some nonsense beneath his breath, I made a point of standing there filming him reverse out of the space next to me. I told him I filmed it and if he was kind enough to give me his email address, I would forward it to him so he could watch it to his hearts content. Damn moron! :lol:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    In that case where ever you see this sign take two parking spots and if anyone come and questions it.. just point them to the signage and tell them you are mitigating the risk of other inconsiderate drivers.

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Even that doesnt deter some stupid drivers who STILL try to squeeze in. :Blink:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Go to B&Q buy a few pack of long nails spread them evenly out around your car, and when you come back reverse out in a straight line.

let see how far the other cars get.:Happy:

barry and John Dickson like this.
  16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It doesn't work a couple of years ago I was parked in a halfords car park on a Sunday morning in the wifes HR-V. Nothing around me for at least 6 spaces either side. The area is monitored by council CCTV 24/7.
    Some toerag went down both sides with a key. Spoke to the police nothing they could do unless there were witnesses. I said CCTV sorry we haven't the time to look into this. So I spoke to my insurance asking them to contact the council oh we can't do that so I did myself reply sorry data protection act we can only disclose to the authorities???? They haven't got the time stupid!!!!! I ended up paying my excess need less to say it still affects my premium to this day on both my cars!!!!! Only another year or so then it's wiped off the record.

17. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Feel for you on that, you did struggle didnt you! but thats their system!! and that system is "Your on your bloody own mate".
    Car crime has been down graded, you get put on the list so they can stab a pin in the map, If there's a lot of pins in one place they will look at it.

18. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I do tend to park over the line so to speak; to make the park bay a bit smaller for others.
    Inconsiderate yes I am, and I will park next to a porshe rather than a 10 year old LandRover,
    and I will park the other end of the carpark and walk all the way back.
    Also don't park near the trolley store some people can't walk the last two steps, they push it towards the other trolleys.
    If there is a slight hill the trolley will eventually start to roll away all on its own, who's car will it hit before stopping ...YOURS!!!

19. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I hate car parks full stop, I am always nervous when we go to the local RESTUARANT , and can't wait to return to the car.
    A few years ago my wife parked her mint Civic in the local travel lodge car park which was shared by the RESTUARANT she was eating at. She parked it there because there was virtually no other cars about .
    When she returned to the car her friend asked how she had damaged her bonnet!
    When she got home ( dreadfully upset) she showed me the damaged car. I drove directly to the car park and noticed security cameras which pointed directly at where the Civic was parked. I approached the receptionist and asked to see the tape. She kindly allowed this and it showed a Saab 9000 pull into the space in front, 2 guys got out and went into the reception area. Another camera in the reception showed the faces of the two guys very clearly .
    They then left the building and got back into the Saab and reversed straight into the Civic . I borrowed the tape and took it to the local police station who gave me a reference number and then sent it on to Hindlip hall ( police HQ). After much chasing they returned the tape saying that because they could not see the last digit of the licence plate, no action could be taken . Over £1300 worth of damage was caused so I had to claim for the repairs.
    I agree hanging shoudl come back
    Mike c

20. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If there is only the last letter missing I have an app on my iphone that will tell you what the car is by the number plate, It would take you 26 tries to find the saab sadly does'nt give you the address though.
    Perhaps the police don't have access to phone apps.
    you have so much evidence and they still won't take it further that really sucks bro. what chance have we got.

Last edited: Sunday 28th Oct, 2012