General Broke my keyfob

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chunkylover53, Saturday 14th Dec, 2013.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well its 2am and I might aswel be honest. I broke my keyfob somehow in the club, no idea how, but i managed to get most of it. Yes im a uni student and yes Im drunk, worth 9 grand well i dunno, studying a subject considered strong at a top 15 uni and achieving a first on avg. nonetheless i noticed that the pcb isnt actually cracked. does that mean i can buy a case on ebay for a few pounds and transplant the pcb so i can use it on my car without going to a honda dealer and paying to get it reprogrammed?

cheers - mods pls msg me in the morning if this is not coherent etc

- - - Updated - - -

this is the item i wanted to replace the pcb in, i know this forum gets an absolute boner over genuine items but surely a generic made plastic item from china can't be much different from a honda genuine item? is this adequate?
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You can transplant the pcb no problem. Alternatively you don't need a dealer to program the new key fob to your car. You should be able to do it using a certain combination of ignition key on and off sequences.

If you did that you could use the new one as your main keyfob and keep the broken one as like a emergency keyfob.
  3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hangover this morning/afternoon? :Whistle:
  4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds good, I'm going to go hunting for a key fob from scrapped cars then.
  5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I drunk a litre of water before bed so come morning I was a lot better, :cool: