Suspension, Steering and Brakes Broken panel

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ray Ambrose, Friday 31st Jan, 2014.

1. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    Was returning home late at night on a country road. Rain was horizontal and visibility bad. I recall the white line down the middle of the road ahead was gone. All of a sudden, a whooshing noise, Windscreen completely blacked out and I was going sideways. Stopped, opened door, got out and I was on my back. The weather had washed all the farmers field mud from both sides onto the road. It was about four inches deep. Anyway, to cut a long story short, got the car home, but a strange noise was coming from under the car. Went to honda dealers the next morning and they diagnosed a panel torn down, and hanging off. It is part number 74110-TLO-GOO. What with the cost of the panel at £191.65, clips at £16.08 and labour and vat, cost comes to £294.58. They gave me the quote, and when I asked how much I owed them for inspecting the car, (They were cleaning all the mud off the chassis, checking the brakes, suspension etc) about an hour and a half labour, they told me, "No charge". Fantastic service. So do I change that panel or not. I know everything has a purpose, but is it for aerodynamics?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Sounds like a horrid experience mate, glad you're okay and the car isn't too bad, all things considered.

I can't find that part number on Lings, is it one of the plastic covers on the underside of the car? If so I'd get it replaced for the simple reason that it stops water getting onto the components above and causing premature rust.

3. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your reply. The part number, cannot differ between the number nought, or the letter o. Maybe thats why part number doesn't tally.It is one of the plastic covers on the underside of the car. Thanks for your interest..I appreciate it..Ray..

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Right, that cleared it up, the part number is:

Honestly, regardless of your competence with mechanics, a jack and a socket set will have the job done. Holdcroft Honda can get the part for you on free next day delivery and a club discount :Smile: It's a few pennies saved if that's worth the hassle to you.

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ray it'll be the engine under cover.
    Quite easy to reattach but if you want the garage to fit it, according to your figures they're charging less than £40 labour for the job.
    Which seems quite reasonable.

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine is hanging on on 4 screws and need changing as well.To answer your question if you have the funds yes change it.It protect your engine from underneath and stops dirt etc going into your engine bay.
    Have a look in this thread.CJ posted useful PDF if you fancy doing it yourself.http://hondakarma.com/threads/4386/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  7. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your advice everyone. Going to order and fit it myself....Cheers!

DeviateDefiant likes this.