Service & Maintenance Broken seatbelt lock

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by exec, Saturday 20th Jun, 2015.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The joys of used car buying.

So one of the rear seatbelts on my Uncles Civic does not work, the bit you put the belt in is missing a piece inside so it doesnt lock in, so I assume it needs a brand new seatbelt lock? Do these just bolt on to the chassis?

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    They do mate yes, just pop up the rear seat and they will be bolted down underneath onto the car body. 17mm if memory serves correctly

exec likes this.
  3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Cheers man, found some for £30 on ebay so cheap easy fix, they don't need to be torqued to a specific setting do they?

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    They probably do, but I never have and never had a problem. Just always made them really tight - you arent going to shear 17mm bolts unless you are really reckless

exec likes this.
  5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Soo...went to pick up the buckle yesterday and the one they took off from scrap car didnt seem to work too, so one of the guys came in to try out and it worked. Why did it work? cos the belts are specific to each buckle! Doh! :Blushing: Didnt have to buy it in the end so saved a tenner.

SpeedyGee likes this.