Off-Topic Brussels, To go or not to go....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Alexknight91, Sunday 22nd Nov, 2015.

1. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Not sure if I've mentioned on here but I've booked to go to Brussels for new year, driving and ferry to get there on the 29th and coming back on the 2nd.
    In light of recent events and the current travel advice issued not sure whether to change where we go?
    We can cancel our hotel up until the 24th of December so no major rush but quite tempted to book a second hotel still in Belgium but maybe Antwerp or Bruges?

Any advice?

2. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Hi Alex,
    I´ve booked a Hotel in Paris (for a weekend mid-December). I suggest, let us not
    deny ourselves this pleasure - that is exactly what these idiots want ...

Harald

Modplod, Ichiban and Zebster like this.
  3. Kash Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kash Nelson
    Personally mate, I'd go. As mentioned above, these assholes want us to fear them. We should just carry on with our normal lives and enjoy every day as it comes. Whatever or wherever you go, hope you have an ace trip!

4. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Well I have changed it, we are going to stay in Antwerp instead.
    It will probably all come to nothing but better safe than sorry I guess.

On the plus side, new hotel has a spa and an aquarium

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate its a hard one you are better placed for your own safety but go with your gut instinct. I think the assault on these b@st@rds is coming and it will be swift.

Hopefully this siege on our liberty will end soon. BTW as any noticed the Germans are very quite in all this latest development normally they are thick in thin with the French I haven't seen Angela at all or heard a peep!! Are the Germans doing a French retreat? :Whiteflag:. I bet they are think what have we done letting all these people from Syria..

Alexknight91 and ACC-CDI-2T like this.
  6. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    I agree - on the one hand Angelas invitation to the Syrian refugees for entry certainly was an act of humanity, but it certainly was also a mistake to let many of them in without an adequate control /check. Nevertheless I take the view, that the recent terror attacks have been committed by sleepers, already on site for a long time …
    @Alexknight91
    Antwerp is also a good choice (nice old town!!) In any case I wish you a safe and beautiful trip!

Alexknight91 likes this.