Announcement BT Internet access

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 20th Jul, 2016.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We've had reports across multiple users who are experiencing access issues with our website.We would just like to say this is not our issue this is a BT issues if your service provider is BT then you would be affected. BT have just announced that they have encountered a power outage in one of their core data centres and have raised countrywide outage and they are investigating this issue.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I'm having problems accessing various sites this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Yeah it was BT outage as usual.. Seems to be working now.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

For one of the major providers, they are frequently down or on reduced service. :thumbdown:

5. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

BT suck balls. I can't wait to cancel mine in January.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The only time I have ever had an issue with BT was when you try to call them. With the exception of the outage today, I have never had a problem with them. Trying to change their service from one house to another was an absolute nightmare however

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When I rang up to join (January) i was told infinity wasn't available in my street until November, so I opted for their standard unlimited broadband.

Three weeks after it was installed I got a letter through the door asking if I wanted to upgrade to infinity at a cost of £50 upfront and then an extra £10 a month. I told them I'm happy to pay the £10 a month extra providing that I get the promised speed and extra TV channels, but would like the upgrade fee wavered as I was only three weeks in to my contract after they said I couldn't have their top spec connection. They said it's tough and I would have to pay the charge and the extra TV channels would not be available to my area yet.

I still have Sky TV and I can't wait to ring them up in January and give them all of my business! As BT are a bunch of ********.

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 20th Jul, 2016
    FirstHonda likes this.
  8. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

BT Share price reflecting performance then - LOL !

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good they need it.. They still are a monopoly even the company has been broken up a few time they still control the backbone infrastructure.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This gets better More misery for BT broadband users after new power cut - BBC News

I hate companies investing everything in central London , the whole country is affected when will companies really learn that you can't continue to have London as the centre of the universe. it need to be distributed evenly across the country for resilience.

11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Everyone else voted Brexit, Londoners voted Lexit :Devil: so screw the rest.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    London full of foreigners anyway..:teasing:

13. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Racist.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :boast::dontmentionit: