Finished BTCC - Crofts (28th June 2014)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by John Dickson, Friday 20th Jun, 2014.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anyone thinking of heading to Croft next weekend for BTCC? May be weather dependant of course :Whistle:

I doubt we could get permission for a club stand hence why I never raised it earlier (as much as I would love to pitch a stand of Accords plus Japan built Civic and CR-Z like we had at Sherburn next to Honda UK's pitch :lol: :vtec: just to wind up HUK Gestapo :lol:) it's still a cracking day's motorsport....

Hopefully the Super Touring support race will be there....

Last edited: Saturday 21st Jun, 2014
  2. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Similar gig to Brands hatch. That took my friend Slim many many hours days weeks to get the 1st Generation stand there. Not enough time to get onto this one.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am coming to croft mate I will ride out with a few biker mates.all of the biker mate are anti Swindon Gestapo so we will have a chorus of boo for those Swindon chariots .lol JK

John Dickson likes this.
  4. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    I can't attend this one. Sorry guys.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No worries matey you will be there in spirit.

accordheritage likes this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gonna head down with a couple of mates. It will be weather dependant of course Croft in a monsoon is not the best although it does make great racing best watched on TV though if it's wet all day. I remember watching Thruxton race in 2012 it was capacity crowd but that's some dedication to spend a day trackside in those conditions.

Hopefully it will be like the last couple of times - not too hot and not raining all the time showers are ok. Last year it was cloudy and there were a few showers but it was a capacity crowd and despite being in wet weather gear for most of the day I still got sunburn for some reason.

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anyone else thinking of going the pre-booked ticket discount ends tomorrow but you'll get tickets on the day and it's only about 8 quid more for a weekend ticket.

I always wait and see what the weather pans out like in the week leading up to the race weekend.

Shame it's Civic tourer racing Accord tourer would look so much better and really they know that's the way forward :Happy: :BooYeah:

When I win the lottery...... :vtec:

Ichiban likes this.
  8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Still can always laugh at the :BavarianTractor:

Unfortunately it's a good rear wheel drive circuit

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    1) John
    2) CJ

Come on guys get in