Off-Topic BTCC Photography Discussion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 13th Oct, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    What body are you using Leo?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I was shooting with my old Canon 550D and Tamron 28-75mm VC, though I'm upgrading to a Nikon D610 when I have the funds available.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I had a fantastic Nikon 80-200mm AF-S lenses (rare) which was very sharp and a dream to use. A little heavy but worth it! It was lost in the hills so hopefully it will be handed in one day.

I'd be keen to test my newer bridge camera with some motorsport, it's got an excellent stabilisation system in the lens and can zoom to ridiculous levels whilst still staying sharp. It's also got decent manual controls. Only down side is the smaller sensor and whilst it's still pretty decent at handling a slight ramp in the ISO it can't match cropped or full frame sensors of course. But the autofocusing system of it really surprised me. I can literally just point the camera at something at the spur of the moment without even looking through the EVF or rear screen and shoot and it will get the shot in focus!

There's a few bridge cameras which have larger sensors and a long zoom which may be worth considering? I gave up my pro gear purely because I could only justify the cost of it were I bringing in money for the images. But for personal use the image quality from a bridge is good enough for most people and I'm not so worried about it being damaged or lost!

I miss having RAW files to edit though but I may upgrade to one which has a decent zoom along with a 1"+ sensor and also RAW output. Something like the Panasonic FZ1000 was appealing but I've found the AF in non Canon/Nikon/Sony cameras to be lacking.

Last edited: Monday 13th Oct, 2014