ICE & HFT Built in hands free system

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mcgowanp, Friday 21st Dec, 2012.

1. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Really silly question. Is there a built in microphone in the car or does the system use the phones microphone .
    The reason I ask is that a lot of my friends have said they have issues hearing me when using it.
    I seem to be able to hear them perfectly .

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Zoran. I will have a closer look at it..

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 29th Mar, 2014
    mcgowanp likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bud once you have done the above and it given you the all clear then do this procedure to independently test the microphone level

The Talk/Back buttons. They are used to activate the voice control system. The microphone is located near the map light in the roof as stated above . It is directional, and works best if the voice is coming from the drivers seat.:Wink:

• Press the Talk button on the steering wheel, and in a normal voice say ‘‘testing''. The TALK indicator on the screen should momentarily become green, and the text ‘‘Now Recording...'' should appear in yellow. In addition, the Mic Level indicator should move at least to the 6 th bar. If the Talk indicator on the screen does not briefly become green, then check the wiring from the Talk button to the navigation unit. If there is no ‘‘Mic Level'' movement when you speak, then you should check the wire running from the microphone to the control unit.( if you need more info let me know)

You should see this image on the sat nav screen.

HTF MIC Testing.JPG

• Press the Back button on the steering wheel. This should cause the Cancel indicator on the screen to momentarily become green. If it does not briefly change to green, then check the wiring from the steering wheel Back button to the navigation unit.

6. Utah Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

HFT Bluetooth not working

Hi Guys,

I had my phone paired up with my bluetooth HFT system and one day it just stopped working, it would no longer find my phone. Its the same with my wifes phone. When I run a discovery from the HFT system it searches for a momment and comes back with nothing, even though my phone is bluetooth active and in discoverable mode. I've tried reseting the system and this made no difference.

Any ideas?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: HFT Bluetooth not working

Hi Utah I will be moving this thread into an existing thread so you can a better picture to resolve it.

8. BJM63 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Bobby Swindon
    Hello I'm new to this, Just got a 56 plate Accord Type-S 2lt, having problems setting up the Hands Free System, asking for a 4 number code, is there any way this can be reset. got the car second hand. can anyone please help. Thanks BJM63

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham