Electrical & Lights Bulb & LED upgrade

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by NottsBiker, Friday 27th Feb, 2015.

1. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Hi All,

I'd like to replace the bulbs on my tourer with something better such as osram night breakers and whilst I'm at it change the rest of my old interior / sidelights etc to LEDs.

Now I know the process has been covered before but in the past when I've changed bulbs to LEDs on my ek4 and warrior they haven't lasted very long and the sidelights have ended up flickering and looking like a police car.

Who or where would folk suggest I look for decent LEDs that last as long as LEDs are supposed to?

Thanks in advance - Ben

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have had LEDs for this seller warden_jp2002 Stores Auto LED bulbs he also had a ebay shop. I purchases a bucket load from him way back in 2007 and still those LEDs are still going strong with a few failures.

However you have Cree all bells,whistling and dancing LEDs which are brighter but I rather have reliability.

3. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks I will check it out after I locate some rails.

4. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Take a look at my project log for links to LEDs I bought on eBay for my interior. Admittedly they are cheap ones but they fit fine and work well.

For sidelight LEDs, check out Nighthawk's tutorial on changing side light bulbs. You can see some before/after pics where he used Osram "Cool White 6000k" LEDs.

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes