Aftermarket Kit Bulb upgrade

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Marty72, Sunday 22nd Nov, 2015.

1. Marty72 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone

Now our car is 10 years old i'm looking at sensible upgrades firstly with the headlights there's much better technology out there now,whats the best replacement bulbs to get for the dipped and main beams

Cheers Marty

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Philips X-TremeVision or Osram Night Breaker Plus are both supposed to be really good.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    And road legal too.

4. Marty72 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's for reply I.ll get some next weekend with a bit of luck. Polished the headlights using the toothpaste method last night it worked a treat ☺

5. Marty72 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Changed the lamps today bought Halfords 120% brighter one's 2 for 1 offer and what a difference they make, much better illumination

6. Tom Horlick. Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tosher Dartford
    Hi what year is your CR-V, mine is a 2004 and I wish to upgrade the headlights, at the moment it has a single bulb for each light 60/55 watt H4/p43T. Do you know if the wiring is ok to upgrade to a higher wattage bulbs and if it is can you recommend any

7. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I went for the osram nightbreakers plus.. been very happy with them,

chris

8. Garry CR-V New Member Getting Started

Not long replaced mine for Philips X-Treme Vision +130% very happy with them over the standard bulbs that were in there, a much brighter white light output (3700k) that shines well into the distance...

SpeedyGee likes this.