Body, Paint & Styling bumper reflectors

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by chrisby, Thursday 2nd Feb, 2012.

1. chrisby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi guys
    sorry to ask but i have a missing reflector and the other is cracked so i bought 2 replacements thinking they just click into place
    but after having a little go they don't.
    Are they screwed in from the back?
    thanks

chris

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Chris ,

last time I pulled one out when I replaced a bumper on my wifes car, from what I recall they don't have any screws. They have two tabs on the inside which can pushed in to release the reflectors from the back.

don't try to pry it out from the front those tab latch on. Installing is the easiest bit push in and tab latch on .

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In my reversing sensor thread there's a brief picture of the rear of the reflectors. Hopefully this helps.

IMG_0179.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup that's them all right the two big tabs pull inwards and push out.

5. chrisby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers guys, that pic helps alot.. am giving it a full valet tomorrow at work so will fit them at the same time.. thanks for your help..

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No problem. That's what we're here for!

7. chrisby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok just got back from cleaning the car and god it looks good..lol
    couldn't fit the reflectors, it seems that part of what i think is the tow bar is stopping them going into place.. im really surprised, not sure what to do now but they won't go in unless i modify them to fit and silicone them into place..

any ideas what i can do?

8. buchanan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Double sided tape / scotch pad sticky things? My boot spoiler seems to be held on with double sided tape!

Last edited: Saturday 4th Feb, 2012