Facelift Model Buying advice wanted

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mylightweight, Monday 15th Jul, 2013.

1. mylightweight Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys, I am not an owner yet but am in the process of looking/buying.

I am looking a 7th Generation tourers with around 100k to 120k on the clock. What should I be looking for?
    What should I avoid?
    What pitfalls are looming in that mileage bracket (difficult to answer I know)?
    What is the difference between the original and facelift?

Thanks in advance
    Chris

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Petrol or diesel bud. I would personably avoid the preface lift cars in that mileage bracket for diesel, don't even touch them no matter how tempting the price can be. Have a look around for know diesel issues and fixes.

3. mylightweight Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Diesel, what's the difference between face lift and pre face lift, what year did they change over?

Last edited: Monday 15th Jul, 2013
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. mylightweight Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have heard the face lift model doesn't suffer with the timing chain snapping, is this true? What was changed?

6. Rmachines Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

To be honest it's rare for chains to snap, they usually go noisy, a bit of chatter is normal, if it's slapping or clattering it's worn, they usually snap when people ignore this. There was no real modifications made to the facelift engine, they use the same chain etc.. Slight software changes was all. Later chains can fail too, honda just made it clearer what oil needs to be used.

7. mushroom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just remeber about manifold cracked issues, there is a limit of mileage to 112500, if it's under it honda dealer will replace it for free!! I had this done in last year. I had got second honda with diesel engine (2.2), and never let me down. I will recomend diesel one. My one is 56 reg (facelift model) and 100k on the clock, very good car. Facelift model has got better sat nav, different dashboard backlight, different bumper, 6 speed gearbox,