Facelift Model Buying my first Honda, as Accord 2.2 I-CDTI Ex tomorrow.Any tips and info also needed

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by sunny2good, Friday 23rd Nov, 2012.

1. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

Been a lurker for a while but posting for the first time as I am hopefully buying my first Honda tomorrow. I am buying a 06 2.2 I-CDTI Ex car from a dealer. Comes with 6 months road tax and 9 months MOT. Its got 76K miles and FSH. Price is £5700. Few questions I would like to ask and hope someone can help me.

1) Is the price reasonable. Shall i negotiate for a fairer deal ?
    2) Never bought a diesel car before. don't know much about cars anyway. Apart from the obvious things, what sort of checks shall i carry out specific to this car ?
    3) I want to plug in my Mp3 player if i do get it. What are the options. Did some research on the forum and came across XCarLink. Is it the best one ?

Thanks alot for your help in advance.

Regards,

Sunny

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Re: Buying my first Honda, as Accord 2.2 I-CDTI Ex tomorrow.Any tips and info also ne

Hi Sunny.

Theres always room for negotiation no matter what the asking price :Smile:

Make sure the car has been serviced regularly on these diesels its actually advisable to do oil changes every 6K as opposed to the manufactures recommended 12K, this helps to avoid premature timing chain wear.

Diesels save money on fuel but when they go wrong they can cost a packet to fix up. But it looks like you've found a relatively low mileage example.

XCarLink is a good choice, think you can get a discount code from to AOC forum for it.

Last edited: Saturday 24th Nov, 2012
  3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: Buying my first Honda, as Accord 2.2 I-CDTI Ex tomorrow.Any tips and info also ne

Hello Sunny,

When you get a chance post in the introductions section and say hello.

I think that price is possibly a bit high.

Xcarlink is probably the most popular choice and straight forward to fit.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Hey Sunny,

Welcome to AOC please do take the time to introduce yourself. I hope your new diesel Honda does serve you well. One caveat in today market neglected diesel Honda being passes off as solid ones. It has happened in the past with members who have bought a lemon and not done their homework carefully.. They are left with big bills and blaming the car and brand. Bearing that in mind you need aware about this and have wits about it before agreeing to any deal,this practice is widespread and rampant no matter where you buy it.
    Please DO NOT buy the diesel Honda based on blind faith it’s a Honda and it will be reliable as all petrol Hondas. The problem Honda diesels are given German reliability thrown in which is guaranteed to fail no matter what you do.

As along as you take your time to research the diesel pitfalls and learn which are listed extensively and debated. Keep a close eye on the Honda extended warranties end dates and if they have been carried out on your car.