General Bye bye Civic :-(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sadsack, Wednesday 9th Dec, 2015.

1. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Gutted to say the Civic my wife has owned from new since 2005 and has been so reliable and trustworthy is going. We looked over and over again at the Honda line up but the reason we decided to go elsewhere is the HR-V she wanted is not available in beige or a gold colour!!!!

We have ordered a fully specced Mazda 3 with the 2.0 litre petrol engine which is being delivered March 1st with the new plate.

Wanted to keep the Civic as a runabout but complicated.

Anyone any views on the Mazda 3? I know they get good online reviews, but any real life owners and first hand experience?

Thanks

2. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I can only speak for the 2007 model, but it was comfortable and solidly built with hardly any issues over the 3yrs we owned it. Can't comment on mileage really as it was a motorbility car for my dad that I drove, and it was a 1.6 automatic. But on regular 25m trips down minor A & B roads it would average low 30's.

My one real gripe is that with 4 adults in, it's a little cramped in the rear, especially if the driver is tall and needs the seat pushed all the way back as I do, and the boot space is also small. Not enough room for luggage if 3 people are going away and forget about putting a wheelchair in one.

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:congratulations:

I test drove one before I bought my CR-V, and liked it a lot. The deal to buy was ridiculous as well, which actually put me off a bit as it was so heavily discounted without me even really trying...

In the end though, I decided I wanted a bigger and quieter car than the Mazda.

I loved the tech (head up display was fab) and the interior, but I didn't find the drive so good - although to be fair I was coming from an 8th Generation Accord so not really a fair comparison.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. From what I saw it was well made and well finished, particularly inside with fantastic standard equipment levels.

4. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    I heard you the first time!!!! :Wink:

Thanks for the info guys. :Hey: I'm gutted and feel like im cheating on Honda but what the boss says goes! It is a nice car from what i saw and as long as she's happy then i am.

I did haggle hard with the price and dealer just caved in to the internet price i had gone armed with as well as chucking in some goodies etc. So i know what you mean about the discounts on offer.

I guess to make it up to Honda im going to have to buy an NSX to get over the guilt of buying a non Honda car :Niceone: just need to figure out how to get enough money for one....

SpeedyGee and FirstHonda like this.
  5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Those new Mazda's are awesome, so enjoy the new car. Also great choice going with a 2.0 petrol, they are supposed to be very spritely. :quad:

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wouldn't feel bad about that - it's a reflection on the modern Honda and the current range really more than anything else.

I would've been a definite 6th in a row Honda buyer next time I change cars but now it's not set in stone as it was and Mazda 6 for example is on my "To Look At" list.

Current Honda range just doesn't grab me and leave me saying "I want one of those!" I would have one of their current cars but it's a "would haver" rather than a "want" and not sure if that is sufficient to justify the expense.... :Unknown:

Is HUK listening to their loyal customers? I think probably not.

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    John the minute you leave Honda I will hunt you down and stamp your derrière with Hot H stamp so less of the rhetoric :hippie: before you say baaaaaaaaa

John Dickson likes this.
  8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got my Izy as well remember. I won't be getting rid of that ever.

My current Accord is staying for a long time yet.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Can I still keep my Accord tattoo? :Smile:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Now you getting warm.