Off-Topic Bye Dodge Viper

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nighthawk, Saturday 1st Nov, 2014.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I must admit, I have always had a soft spot for the original Dodge Viper, no idea why, never driven one, but there is something about it which I find attractive.

Anyway, Chrysler built and donated 93 first generation vipers to schools around the country specifically for "educational purposes". As a result, none of these cars met emission requirements or had speed limiters on them as they were never going to be put on the road and were purely to be stripped down and rebuilt many times over as a learning tool. Anyway, after two did find themselves on the road, and both had accidents, the powers that be in Chrysler decided to scrap all of the cars to prevent any further incidents as technically, Chrysler still owned those vehicles and had already been sued twice.

The following video is around 15 minutes long, shows how a crane just completely dismantles the car. I love it how, at the 8 minute mark, how it just removes the car engine with such precision and lack of any effort.

Source:

The First Dodge Vipers Ever Built Are Being Crushed [w/ Video] – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Amazing machine and skilled operator.

Feel sorry for Chrysler they tried do something good and they get sued for it :Unknown:

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It really is a crazy mixed up world we live in.

4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They should have got an M1 Abrhams Tank to squash it then the video would have only been a few seconds long!!!

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The British challenger would squashed the M1 too :BooYeah:

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Always.....with a good crew.:HobbyHorse:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    can't get better than the British army, remind me who invented the term "Friendly Fire" hee haw

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't I know it (22years)

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Even if the yanks didn't invent they sure use that phrase a lot don't they..LOL

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And they use FF a lot too ha ha ha

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Think it came in during WW1