Aftermarket Kit Cai

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Roylewaa, Sunday 14th Apr, 2013.

1. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Treat myself to an induction kit and currently waiting on its arrival, I ordered a CAI kit at the same time (as an open filter in a hot engine bay is never a good idea)

So anyway it arrived yesterday and it has suddenly occurred to me I have no idea where to mount it, I won't be making any big holes in the bumper as I want it descrete.

Anyone have any tips, experience or pics of theirs fitted for some inspiration
    I'm guessing to remove the resonator box and feed it to that area somewhere?

Cheers in advance
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The link does work bud lets have a look what it looks like.
  3. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes feed it through so its in front of the front wheel! can be done without removing the bumper but its a bit of a hassle to do it that way :Wink:
  4. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheaper is not always better! if the pipe ID is no bigger than standard then you will see no power increase only noise but you might be able to get a way with changing the filter cone to a proper K&N one?

I would not use one on my car :Frown: I would rather save up the £200 odd for a Typhoon. modding the standard air box can give just as good gains for a lot less.
  6. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its more for the noise really if I have to be honest, I'm not expecting any gains to be honest, maybe even a few lost horses, not usually a spirited driver if I have to be honest as these 6th Gens like a drink even when driven normally. Although if I have to be honest I have spent quite a lot of time this weekend in VTEC:vtec:

- - - Updated - - -

Right I fitted the induction kit this morning, however I have no idea what those brackets are for in the pic of the filter kit?

I've tried and they don't seem to be able to be connected to anything?