Suspension, Steering and Brakes Caliper repair kit or new caliper?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Dave, Sunday 19th Jan, 2014.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well the other tourer rear caliper seized up had it in bits today so I can get to work next week and cleaned the piston up and freed it off the question is do I get a piston & seals or just spend a little more and get a re-con caliper like I did last time? Anyone done the re-build option?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would say repair mate! recons are cons .. or you can send both your calipers to Bigg Red get it done right the first time.

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well repair kits are around £35 my last re-con was £49.99 I know I should have replaced both at the time but there was nothing wrong with the other one. With the impending clutch doom and tax due next month I almost ended up looking at a C5....

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its does add up doesn't it:Angry: !! at that price its better to get a recon and get it on why get your hands that dirty for another 20 quid and time

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats what I was thinking to be honest. Old one was proper seized lump hammer and bar to get the piston to come out lmao...

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave the first caliper you changed a few years ago where was that from?

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

York Motor Factors mate why?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nothing in particular just wondered how much the margin their would be selling so cheap? A lot of 7th Generation are nearing end of life and using such low prices parts will be the only solution for the majority.

it mine be my last year of 7th Generation ownership as the road tax has overtaken insurance my insurance is 150 quid cheaper ..