Suspension, Steering and Brakes Calipers

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by RobsyUK, Tuesday 22nd Mar, 2016.

1. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    the rear brakes are defiantly binding and the fronts are only using 75% of the disc (the middle is still rusty dispute being new for the MOT!)

The car is going in Tuesday's for the wheel alignment and brake check and I hope it's just the sliders causing the issue.
    If it's the calipers can someone tell me the part number.
    I'm certain Honda would use the same calipers on a different car as its not cost effective to make one time for a few years.

I know with the cavalier turbo they are identical to the calibra turbo but at any motor factor they are near double the price as they are rarer.
    So let's work together and find out what else has them.

Thanks.

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'm not sure about your specific car details, so I'll send you a link for you to find your exact calipers...
    Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Cars

The part numbers you'll get will be Lings, but you can convert the schematics to show Honda part numbers by deleting the text '_pfk' from the web address. Then you can Google the resulting Honda Part number(s) to find what other models use them.

Hope that makes sense?

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    No it don't.

4. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Oh dear.

Which bit did you get stuck on?

5. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Calipers on the 7th Generation look and fit the same as ford focus 2007 1.8 but i am sure they are smaller but it may be a start point. See if you can get caliper seal kits from honda you would get them from big red brakes but the dust cover rubbers seam to rot after 2 years. In some cases the rubbers may go again and you may find it is rust in the dust cover groove that it jamming the piston.

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    This isn't an Accord!

7. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh dear what is it. Just done a Jazz 2011 (wifes car) she has on life insurance.

8. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thank you @Zebster I inderstand and will find the part number from the diagrams.

BOOM!
    Part No43019S7A000
    DescCALIPER
    That's clever!

£400 a calipers is steap so hopefully I can find that they are the same on a CR-V or something.

Looking at Eurocarparts they imply Nissan are the same

9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Lings can be a little expensive, as they don't seem to discount... Holdcroft Honda prices are a lot more reasonable, especially with our forum discount.

10. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

image. That's true. Looking on this site there's only one other car with the same calipers.

However the same part number is on other calipers. Just gotta troll through and find compatable ones.

11. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Good luck with your quest, but bear in mind that 'binding calipers' can often turn out to be jammed pads. Over the years I've had to remove my rear pads at regular intervals to free up the pads, but only once did I have to replace a caliper. Seems to be a common Honda problem!

SpeedyGee likes this.
  12. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

image. So I've found that the different part numbers are for various cars all over Europe.
    They all had a €$£20 exchange refund and I'm getting some crazy low prices.
    The only thing is do I gamble (if needed) on getting the cheaper and then getting someone to fit them to see if they are actually the same part or just labels as the same.

I wish someone else had already done this. Grr
    - - - Updated - - -
    Well after a bit of digging I've found that all part numbers listed as the same as for the genuine Honda number can all be purchased from this link:
    Brake Caliper Mounting HONDA FR-V (BE) 1.8 ( 103 KW / 140 PS from 2007 ) - Brake System

Hopefully I won't need them
    But theres a saving to be had!

Zebster likes this.