Off-Topic Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SayamaAccord, Wednesday 14th Dec, 2011.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'm buying this for my son for Christmas.

Anyone know if it's as good as the others?
  2. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not played this one. Had the previous COD which was excellent. No reason that this one won't be the same.
  3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I really enjoyed the story of the game, although felt it was a little short.

I've played it on xbox live a few times, but just get killed every five seconds. I swear some people must live on their xbox to be that accurate at such a loony speed.
  4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I share your pain Ted...there was I time when I could give my son a game, but now I just watch!
  5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    brilliant game! must admit ime not the greatest online lol but i try my best. worth buying the game for the campain alone all be it being short its brilliant.
  6. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Played this today for first time.Very good game.
  7. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Still haven't got this, played all the COD games since the beginning.
    Anybody played Battlefield3? I found that a really good game too.
  8. wooster Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I started to get royally sick of the CoD series after MW, since it just seemed to be the same game time after time after time.
    (I still maintain that the original CoD4:MW was the last great FPS we've seen* and everyone has copied the format since.:cool:Smile:

Problem is, they also copied themselves.
    More damningly, they never addressed the cheating issues that have plagued the game (and still do) and almost totally handed themselves over to console development (it's all about the money).
    BF3 is a far better game, but I'd already vowed to boycott EA after the travesty that was BFBC2 and had no plans to purchase it.
    Unfortunately my brother bought me it for Christmas, so I had to show willing for a bit while he was up visiting. :Grin:

MW3 was F2P on Steam a few weeks back for a weekend and some friends I have on gaming forums (who hadn't already tried it..preferring BF3 instead) gave it a go, and the reports that came back were not good.

ftr FPS I reckon were groundbreakers were:
    Day of Defeat (Original, not Source)
    BF1942 with the Desert Combat Mod(s)
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (which is still pretty well populated online even after five years) :cool:
  9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Totally agree about COD4, I was amazed when that came out. I still go back and play it now. The newer versions are basically copies but I do enjoy them.
  10. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My boyfriend loves military/war games and was all into this game for awhile. He's since moved on to other games.
  11. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    On this most days, I love it.. Play with my lad on xbox live.. If you need the practice then play the zombies it's great fun.

COD4 is expected to be a big improvement (so Dan my wee man tells me).

There is a prob with some of the games and hackers,

If you levels are not high enough you tend to be left with the stock guns which are pants so kills can be harder to obtain as you may well need more hit than the guy /girl trying to kill you with a far better weapon.

Still I love playing this on line. As for the swearing etc can be a prob but just switch off mike or bar that individual.

COD Black Opps my lad has them all..

He is 11 and can beat me every time and I thought I was quite good :-(
  12. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My daughter is an avid gamer, just like me. And, for obvious reasons, she doesn't play this game as she's only 8 years old. Still, she is way more proficient at the games she plays than I'll ever be. It's fun raising a second generation gamer. These are the kids that will be shaping the future of our gaming experience as they mature and demand far more sophisticated, interactive game play.
  13. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Finally got this about a month ago. Story way too short as is usual these days.
    Online though is great. Finally worked my way up to some decent weapons so I stand a chance.
  14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    So RobB

You fancy a little online match with me and the boy :Smile:
  15. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah I'm up for it. Anybody else?