General Cambelt and juddering

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Trixman, Monday 7th Apr, 2014.

1. Trixman New Member Getting Started

Paul
    OK, so the new car has only a few foibles so far - typical of a 100k mileage car.

We bought it on the weekend from a 'home' dealer, you know the ones, they sell for a living but don't offer a warranty.

It was advertised as full service history, and it looks like it is, but on closer inspection none of the 'cam belt' change boxes were ever ticked. It was serviced on schedule every single year, so I'm hoping it simply is the fact the cambelt stamp is on a separate page and they didn't bother. But, is there a way to check? Would there be a date or something anywhere I can check out?
    I read they are a 60k item, and as it is now 100k I worry it has never been done.

The other issue is when pulling away - the clutch judders quite a lot. Mrs drove it for the first time today and really complained about it. "Wow, that isn't right, need to get that looked at" were the words.

It has a lot of squeaks and it isn't a clean travel, almost feels like it needs oiling. But irrelevant of revs when pulling away, there is a strong juddering at the 0-5ish mph range. Anyone experienced or heard of anything this could be?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    As far I know, the petrol FRVs have a K series engine, which means that have a chain and not a belt.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The clutch judder could be caused by a number of things. glazed clutch, flywheel issue, clutch plate worn, pressure plate worn.

Glazed clutch can be eliminated by given the clutch some "stick".

4. Trixman New Member Getting Started

Paul
    Well that would certainly explain that then lol

Great, thank you. I'll give that a go and if that doesn't do the trick, I'll get it down the garage.

5. James New Member Getting Started

James Wantage
    What was the outcome, I have the same issue with my FR-V!