Introductions Can an Alfa nut convert to something reliable?!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rakoribs, Wednesday 20th Mar, 2013.

1. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm a sweet sexy man with a lotta luv to give and a desire for rubber, if you into.... sorry... wrong forum :Whistle:

I'm currently looking for either a 7th Generation or possibly 8th Generation DIEsel estate.
    My beast for the last few years is a 2004 Alfa 156 JTD 16V sportswagon Ti, which looks great and is a good drive.
    And being italian and an Alfa, is as reliable as your average frequent garage visitor.

Before that i had a... 1997 Alfa 155 petrol 2L 16V. Glutton for punishment.

I like the look of the Honda Accords, particularly the 8th Generation and having fallen in love with the easy drive, power delivery and MPG of the diesels, thats what i'm going for as a I have a 60 mile round trip commute every day.

I've started posting on here recently and if I get an Accord, you're unfortunately going to be stuck with me. The Alfa forums will no doubt thank you for it.

Cheers, Mark.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dude you get the straight shooting answers here no agendas straight talking facts . Being a Petrol head you know where your heart is.

if the Accord is not for you then it isnt.:Hey:

Welcome to AOC
  3. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Mark, I've had a 155 aswell, so I know what you mean, It was unreliable and a dog, but I loved that car, when it worked it was fantastic to drive
  4. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Every petrol head should have one, well youve had two so sentence complete.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Dave.

Both 7th and 8th Generation Accords are great cars but if your looking for a diesel, go for the 8th Generation, the I-DTEC is much better engine than the older I-CDTI.
  6. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    I had a petrol 156, a 2003. There is something about them, some would call it soul I suppose. Mine wasn't particularly unreliable but needed serious TLC. I did lots of problems but they were all caused by shoddy work at Alfa dealers (how about sending a car out without any coolent). I have a 7th Generation 2.4 and there is no comparison between the two, apart from the 'soul' of the Alfa the Honda is miles ahead in every conceivable way. What I will say is that the Accord is a bit of slow burner, at first they seem sterile but give it time and you appreciate what they are about. No experience of the diesel though - I love petrol too much!
  7. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

To buy an Alfa is to be a petrol head.
    To buy two Alfa's is... daft as a brush?

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers, It looks like i'm now going for an I-DTEC, the wifeys in agreement. Mark
  8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Speedy is right bud. My ride is a 7 gen diesel and to be honest i love it. Still i hanker no... I said hanker for a 8 th gen tourer
    I know what you mean the alfa sexy car! guy at work a a nice blue with sand leather one, i fix it now and again for him but misty takes it to local alfa Andy. Wild horses would not pull him away from alfas boy have i tried his last ride wad a petrol Honda which he hated not for everyone :Smile: that said he went to swindon and back in mine recently and loved it so who knows may get him to see the light yet