General Can you help me? J-Reg Honda Concerto 1.6i

Discussion in 'Classics & Heritage' started by AlyG, Saturday 4th Apr, 2015.

1. AlyG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Aly Nottingham
    Hello all.

I am trying to find a home for a much loved J reg Honda Concerto 1.6i Auto that belonged to my late mother (also very very much loved and missed).

The car has done around 130k miles and has had only my Mum own her. She has been kept in immaculate condition having only recently had around £1500 spent on repairing bodywork. (At the time there was no indication my Mum was going to die)

The car has an MOT until the end of January 2016.

I just want the car to go to someone who will give it some care and love and see it out in the twilight of its years.

I would rather it be nowhere near where I live in Nottingham so I would be willing to bring it within 80-100 miles of where I am living if it meant someone would look after it.

I just wonder if anyone has any idea of whether there are any Concerto enthusiasts around. The car is white and has been kept in a garage overnight all it's life.

I am not after loads of money for her. I just don't want to scrap her. She gave my Mum many years of happy motoring.

Could anyone give me any advice on this?

I would really be most grateful and thank you in advance.

2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There is a gent on here, would have to find his name, but he was looking for a reliable and cheap car for use back and to from work, he may be interested, but I will be honest there doesnt seem to be much on ebay at the moment, there is one going for £600 thats abit rough.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Can you post some pictures please.

5. AlyG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there thank you so much for replying. I know it may sound strange but I'm not really focusing on getting loads of money for it. I would be happy to take £500 or so and know it was going to someone who would look after it as best they can and I wouldn't have to take it to the scrapyard. I would sell it on eBay if I had to but before doing that I just wanted to see if there were any enthusiasts who might like to own her.

I only referenced the work done so people would appreciate the degree of love bestowed upon the car.

Will hope to hear from someone.

Thanks again
    - - - Updated - - -
    Okay. I shall sort that as soon as possible if you think it will help.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Apologies I think I replied to this within another reply. I shall get some up to date photos in the next couple of days and post them. The car is in the garage at the house where my Mum lived so I shall pop over tomorrow or Monday. I didn't want to do all that if there was no interest or I got into trouble submitting this post in the first place.

Please bear with me and I'll upload some by Tuesday latest.

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    It always helps having pictures when you are trying to sell a car, you can't expect much interest without them

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. AlyG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

image. image. image. image. image. image. Photos as promised. Mileage is 131k. MOT til Jan 2016. New battery fitted this month. Automatic petrol. One thing I forgot to say was that some years ago we lost the radio code so it has the original radio but it does not work.

If there is no interest I shall put the car on eBay. It is located in Nottingham and I would be asking around £500 for the car if you collect or a little more to cover petrol and transport home if I deliver it.

Many thanks for any help or interest. Will be sad to see her go but she has been a great car.

9. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    A very clean looking car, would love to say yes please!

10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    She does look lovely - sorry to hear about your loss and I hope you find a good home for her

AlyG likes this.
  11. AlyG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That is fabulous news. How should we proceed?? Bit new to your forum so not sure how to do private messaging. Where abouts are you located?? Would you want to come to collect or be to bring her (which will take a little more planning)

12. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't think that was an offer @AlyG

13. AlyG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh. Okay

14. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Beefy you have to buy this car.

Nels, Harvey and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    earth calling @Beefy come in beef, where are you.

16. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He's on holiday in a cow shed or something. He doesn't want it anyway, I text him.

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
  18. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    I am back on planet Stoke-on-Trent. Norfolk is like the twilight zone when it comes to getting an internet connection. wow! looks like a realy nice motor! if I had the spare cash I would seriously consider it.

19. AlyG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I want to thank you for posting this. All being well we've found a classic car buyer who wants her.

Your help in telling me about this site is MUCH appreciated

20. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Good to hear man, hope she finds a good home and make sure to tell the new prospective buyer to join this website.