Electrical & Lights candles for headlights !!!

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by geegee, Saturday 9th Jul, 2016.

1. geegee Premium Member Club Supporter

hi all, hope your having a nice weekend, I wish I was, anyway, here`s my problem, the wife`s CR-V 2008 is fitted with projector headlights, anyway the other night I was driving the Honda and the wife was screaming, that's enough, get me off this bloody roof !!! you see, she was sitting on the roof with my olight torch illuminating the road ahead and she was having it no longer, well, I "may" be exaggerating slightly,BUT,these headlights are "TERRIBLE" on low beam, my old ever ready torch I used to have on my bicycle from the 70`s throws out more light than these on low beam! so I was wondering...........this CR-V of ours has projector lights fited as standard and working headlight washers built into the front bumper, I was just wondering if any of you lovely people could recommend a quality HID kit to fit on this vehicle, as I understand it, as the car is fitted with projector headlights, the difference with a good quality HID kit should be like night and day, and also will cause no dazzle whatsoever to other road users, hope someone can help.
    many thanks.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Anyone able to help out with this one?

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

4. geegee Premium Member Club Supporter

Already have, it's HID as a kit that I really want, FAR superior to bulbs light output wise, thanks anyway

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The problem with installing aftermarket HID kits, is that without the car having wipers and self levelling mechanisms on the headlights, the mod is technically illegal.

6. geegee Premium Member Club Supporter

The vehicle does not need wipers, just washers which are fitted, as these are projector headlights, if set up on a beam tester, there would be no dazzling.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorry yes I did actually mean washers, nor wipers.

8. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    Been down the fitting HID kit route and even wrote a 'how to' feature for Civifo site. They were OK for a few months but then started to get weak and I later found out that after market kits have poor ballast units that fail causing this problem.

I removed the HID kits and fitted these H1 Philips X-treme Vision +130% Headlight Bulbs (Pair) much better.

I also adjusted the fog lights up as they were pointing at the ground, and put these on when on unlit country roads. This also helps.

Back to HID kits, they are sadly illegal if fitted to a car that has light units not designed for them. To be legal you would need to change the whole light unit and fit self automatic levelling system!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Link to how to fit HID kit Fitting HID kit to gen 3 CR-V - Civinfo

legend-ary likes this.