ICE & HFT can't pair a phone:(

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jacek, Sunday 9th Mar, 2014.

1. jacek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jacek
    Hello everyone, this is my first post!! yeah:Smile:
    let me just give u my story:
    I bought my accord few months ago(without satnav disc)
    I got a new disc, satnav works fine now, but my voice bit was not working ( when I pressed talk button nothing happen, no beep ) so I started reading this forum which was really helpful and I have found my problem- HFT module (behind vents) was unplugged ( I wonder why someone would unplug it?) so after I plugged it back it started to work. It will do all the cool stuff ( radio, temp up and down, volume up and down etc) but when I say "Phone set-up" it replies : "fan speed up" or "hide hotel" . I have tried different satnav disk version but no luck :Frown:, I have no idea what could be the problem.
    Just to make it clear: I'm Polish so I have an accent :Smile:, but it understands all other commands, and I got few people to try too:Smile:
    looking forward guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 9th Mar, 2014
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've just edited your post to remove the information about the downloaded disc and its version/filename, we have to remove information about software piracy as per our site rules.

As for the issue itself, I don't have a voice-activated system, but no doubt someone will jump in to help you :Smile:

3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    "Phone Setup" is the correct command. The system is a little prone to accents, I had to put on a geordie accent to clear a phone out my system when I first got it. But if it can understand you on all the other commands then it seems strange it can't understand that one. It might be worth disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to try and reset the system, it may have got a little confused. It may also be worth going into the operator menus in the sat nav system and performing a check to ensure all the parts of the system are working correctly. Hold down MAP, MENU and the arrow (Back) keys at the same time for a few seconds and some sub menu's will appear. Have a look at those to perform checks but don't go changing any of the settings.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hallo mate have a go with these instructions (dead link removed by staff) :Wink:

5. jacek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jacek
    Problem I'm having is: when I say "phone setup" HFT replies "fan speed down, hide hotel, show help etc" I thought that my accent is the problem, but I downloaded some. " text to speech apps" on my phone, so it talks for my in proper English, but it's still not working. What is strange is that every other command works fine. Is it possible that I have no "phone option"in my honda?, I've done diagnostics (menu+back+map) and everything is green.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Do you have the phone pick up and phone hang up buttons on your steering wheel next to the voice command buttons? There should be 4 buttons in the lower left corner of your steering wheel.

7. jacek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jacek
    yes i have 4 buttons, the bigger ones (call and hang up, when I press any of this two nothing happens) other two ( talk and back ) work, when I press TALK, car beeps and accepts all commands apart from "phone setup"

8. jacek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jacek
    I just got my neighbour to talk to my car ( Hi is English :Tongue: ), and same thing happen . I honestly think that phone bit is somehow disabled in my car :Frown:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Maybe your HFT module has failed in the car.

10. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    That would explain why the HFT module was unplugged. Maybe it was acting oddly which is why the previous owner disconnected it.

11. jacek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jacek
    This morning I found out why bt module was disconnected, it killed my battery! I can't believe something that small can discharge a car battery. But anyway. case closed, I won't be using voice recognition Ashmore :Smile: . Thatnk for all yor input guys.