General Car covers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by K24 CL9 GUY, Friday 15th Apr, 2016.

1. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Hey all wondering if anyone has experience with car covers at all as with all the shows I am contemplating getting one so once clean it can stay that way for longer. If used it often I feel the work I do at the weekend could last longer than a few days as when park at work it's next to a KFC so get air striked from gulls aswel as the lorries kicking up dust. I had a lil look and found a couple for my car, thoughts?
    Screenshot_2016-04-15-22-26-23.
    Screenshot_2016-04-15-22-26-53.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    They're ok if the car is clean and dry before you put the cover on, but otherwise not.

Even if the car is clean ad dry, dust easily blows up, and the cover itself does start to get dirty quite soon, and it can be difficult to get the cover folded back up into a small space

Also can be difficult to keep on in high winds

John Dickson and SpeedyGee like this.
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:whathesaid:

If the car isn't spotless before you put a cover on, you risk scratches and swirls in the paintwork. Then, once you've used it on a dirty car, the inside of the cover is dirty, so the next time you put it onto the car...and so on.

They are fine for everyday use cars with the caveats @jimjams notes above, but for a show car I'd say they aren't ideal.

jimjams and SpeedyGee like this.
  4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Thanks lads yes this doesn't sound ideal so thank you for the feed back. Will just stick to the jet wash everyday lol :Tongue:

5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Like @jimjams says fine if the car is clean and dry before you put it on.

Must be bone dry as well otherwise the cover will just help the car to "sweat" and cause corrosion issues where they would not normally occur.

K24 CL9 GUY and jimjams like this.