Off-Topic Car guys vs non

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nighthawk, Thursday 23rd Apr, 2015.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Some of these I can relate to, other than singing like a fool, the last one made me chuckle

Ichiban and Chunkylover53 like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I could see you singing along to a little 80's music:Whistle: but not taking both hands off the wheel. :Aghast:

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I pass a man every day in a white C2 singing and tapping on the dashboard....EVERY DAY! I assume he must be very happy going to work.

Nighthawk likes this.
  4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That last one I am guilty of, often check the car is all locked up and sitting nicely hundreds of times along with lots of glances back. :Foolish:

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Singing - check (car guy)
    Parking - check (car guy, cept I check all doors, windows, boot, bonnet and then come back and check them again, each time unlocking and locking and ensuring I hear both of the 'clicks' when locking and dead bolting)
    Wheel control - bit of both, but mostly car guy

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Couple of things from me:

- The bird poop cleaning is an essential...but NO car guy would remove it like that :Aghast:
    - Checking the car before leaving it - at least twice - and looking back at it I'll admit to. But again, I don't think a real car guy would park his car THAT close to the car behind!

As for singing along to the radio / CD - especially to 80's stuff - that is an essential IMHO. It should be introduced as part of the driving test. If you can't sing along to Africa by Toto, you fail...:Laughing:

Nighthawk likes this.
  7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Must agree on the parking - a guy who loves his car would never park so close to another one, in fact, quite the opposite, they will park as far away as possible from anyone else, only to come back and find someone parked right next to them anyway

exec likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I go to work quite early and at that time there are still plenty of rows of consecutive empty spaces but I don't park in any of them, I pick the biggest space going between two cars parked already and ensure neither cars are two door cars or big 4x4 (as these have bigger doors). I park centrally in that gap, this way I know there is less chance of anyone hitting my car.

exec likes this.
  9. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Agree on not parking so close. One thing that really gets my knickers in a twist though is how some people think it's ok for them to park across 2 bays so that there's no space for anyone to park next to their car, just so that they won't risk getting car doors dinged. Then they complain that their cars keep getting keyed. Funny how it generally seems to be the Audi , Mercedes , BMW and Range Rover drivers and the boy racer types with their tasteless 'mods', that do park like this.

exec likes this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^100% agree @RogerH69

If you are that worried, you should park well away from other cars - as most car parks have areas a bit farther away which are usually empty.

What also really irritates me is people who park in disabled bays or on double yellow lines right next to a shop when they aren't entitled to.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I need to burn me milkfloat :Sorry::Pathead:

12. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Handling the wheel bit is bollocks.

"Should" always have a hold of the wheel and no crossed arms.