General Car modifying - Is it a load of bull?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pottermus, Monday 17th Aug, 2015.

1. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've just been looking at one of the Civic forums and it seems the general feeling towards the 2015 CTR is that it would look better without the rear spoiler. Fair enough, but I can't work out why those same people were loving the Mugen rear spoiler on the FN2??

2015 civic type'r. 21109944015901600x1060.

I'm sure people couldn't give two hoots about how the car looks, they just want to change it from how big nasty Honda designed it to be. Maybe it is just me being someone who doesn't understand the need to change how a car looks or performs from how it left the factory.

I think it's all a bit daft and sheep like.

FirstHonda and Racy Jace like this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Personally I think the spoiler suits the CTR, the cars body lines are aggressive all round and the spoiler fits in nicely with that

The FN2 however has cleaner lines which makes a big spoiler stand out from a mile away and the spoiler looks out of place as the difference between the smooth lines and aggressive wing shape is too obvious.

Dan_henderson86 likes this.
  3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Personally I think they both look silly on it, don't suit the shape of the car and end up looking like prams.

However what I would say is that the Mugen kit on the FN2 looks hell of a lot better, its much more smoother and cleaner design and blends in better with the car, the 8th Generation in general was a sleek looking car.

Now the problem with the FK2 in my opinion is the base design is a bit of a dogs dinner to start with and then Honda have added a bodykit that looks aftermarket, that spoiler really looks like an ebay max power special, its just a bit tacky.

I think another problem is so many people were disappointed when the devil horn spoiler from the concept was shelved, that unit was perfect for the new CTR and blended in well.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I don't mind the FN2 Mugen spoiler, I think it suits better than the FK2s does tbh.

5. demian New Member Getting Started

I'd say both of them are garbage dumps of esthetic values, as it were. Spoiler or no spoiler.

And four exhaust tips - really?

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Everybody has their own tastes and preferences.
    For me, what really counts is that it appeals to the people that buy a new 2015 CTR. :money:
    What they :chav: or following owners do is up to them. I just want the dealers to sell, sell, sell. Same goes for the HR-V etc. :money:

If they can bring in enough revenue, we will get the thing I really, really want most... A new Accord for the UK! :OTT:

7. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dano Darwen
    I can see what exec means by looking like a pram but there both good looking cars. The lines on the 2015 CTR remind me of those on a skyline gtr R32

Attached Files:

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I bet Honda could explain/justify every single curve, duct, line, shape and part (including wing) :rasta:

Duc de Pommfrit and Nighthawk like this.
  9. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pastore London
    comes down to personal styles, everyone likes different things, i personally think it looks better without it.

its like debadging, i debadged the back of my car and some people might think it looks worse but i think it looks beast, so bottom line everyone has different styles.

FirstHonda and Dan_henderson86 like this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ This is the bottom line for me. I prefer standard, or with genuine accessories, rather than modified - but accept that is just my taste and opinion.

I actually prefer the new Type-R WITH the spoiler though. And I think it looks best in white...:Smile:

Nighthawk likes this.
  11. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I persobally like the new CTR with the wing, again thats down to personal taste and style. I saw some rather tastey cars at Japfest and some of the mods just made the cars look awesome. Yet some where done with the artistic licence of a 2 year old and looked rubbish, but each to their own.

13. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    i can alway ask the designer to answer these questions
    i shall be meeting him in the next few weeks:Wink:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder