Announcement Car of the month - November - Winner JBob

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by FirstHonda, Saturday 28th Nov, 2015.

?

Which car do you think deserves to be 'Car of the Month' for November 2015?

Poll closed Saturday 5th Dec, 2015.
  1. @chris2982's FR-V

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. @alexknight91's Accord

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. @alano's CR-V

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. @jbob's Elysion

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  5. @costa777's Civic

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Following on from the re-launch of COTM in October (congratulations again to @DC5Cassie for her win), we have now selected another group of well deserved nominees for the November vote.

PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK THROUGH THE GARAGE ENTRIES and PROJECT LOGS for each of the nominees to help you decide how to place your vote. A lot of effort goes into some of these, and reading the (sometimes pretty epic) tales of modifications and re-builds is both interesting and inspirational!

Without further ado, the nominees for November are as follows:

1. @chris2982 with 'Perseus' his FR-V. This is a great example of a car where the owner has spent time adding some subtle modifications to make the car both look and drive better, as well as last longer. The FR-V is increasingly popular on HondaKarma, and this nominee shows the range of what can be achieved by other members with their cars with some patience and help from others on the forum.

http://hondakarma.com/garage/perseus.336/

2. @Alexknight91 with his 7th Generation Accord, 'The most practical weekend car ever.' This nominee shows what can be achieved with a slightly older Honda to really make it the best it can possibly be. This Accord showcases a great range of practical and cosmetic modifications, as well as how to restore the look of the car through an almost obsessive attention to detail! All 7th Generation owners should make a point of looking this one up to see exactly what can be achieved.

http://hondakarma.com/garage/most-practical-weekend-car-ever.868/

3. @Alano with his 3rd Generation CR-V. The project log isn't as long with this nominee - the reason for the nomination is that it shows the difference that small, well thought through, upgrades can make to a standard car to differentiate it from the thousands of others on the roads. The car is also beautifully presented and detailed to a high standard, which makes it more than worthy of inclusion in the vote for this month.

http://hondakarma.com/garage/new-CR-V-owner.792/

4. @Jbob with his Elysion. A rare sight on UK roads, with a fantastic garage entry and a range of pictures that really show off a vehicle that very few of us have seen in the flesh. This member has not only shared his good fortune in owning such a rare car (in the UK at least) with the rest of us, but has also shared hints and tips for others looking to import a car from Japan. A very well deserved nomination for a lovely car.

http://hondakarma.com/garage/honda-elysion.875/

5. @Costa777 with 'Coco' his 5th generation Civic. This nomination shows what can be done with a much older car to keep it on the road whilst performing modifications to make it look and drive better. Let's be honest, we all want to see the older Honda survive and be on the roads and this is a great example of an owner really putting the effort in to get a car back to tip-top mechanical shape. Great stuff!

http://hondakarma.com/garage/coco.902/

Congratulations to all of the above! :congratulations:

Now as they (used to say) members of HondaKarma, the choice is yours...so review those entries and get voting! The vote will close next Saturday morning, so don't delay.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A fabulous collection of cars.
    Congratulations to each of the nominees and :goodluck:

MickyB likes this.
  3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    WOW!!

Cuffed to bits for the nomination ..
    Thanks all

:Grin:

MickyB, FirstHonda and Nels like this.
  4. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for the nomination. Some really strong competition there though :Whiteflag:

FirstHonda and Nels like this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The nominees are all quite different @Alano so don't give up hope so soon!

As we said at the start of the thread, each one has a compelling reason to be nominated.

Good luck!

MickyB, Nels and Alano like this.
  6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good luck to all nominees.
    We have been working tirelessly in the Evangelist section to get COTM working and thanks to @FirstHonda and all that have contributed we have finally got a great format for this so come on folks cast your votes the more the better as it gives us all satisfaction to see the hard work put in is appreciated.

Jbob, FirstHonda and Nels like this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

There's a really good selection this month - so come on people, get involved!

MickyB likes this.
  8. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Thanks for the nomination, was certainly surprised to see my name there! Hope no one gets too good a photo of my car tomorrow as you might realise its not as good as you say

Nels, MickyB and FirstHonda like this.
  9. Jbob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jim Southampton
    Gosh!! Thanks very much for my nomination!

You've all been extremely welcoming to me and this makes me feel very warm and fuzzy.. :Smile: :Smile: :Smile:

Good luck to everyone else nominated!

10. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Daniel London
    No love for Accord? :Frown:

11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    oo difficult choices this time round .. but all amazing in their own right however my vote goes to....... :Grin:

Nels and FirstHonda like this.
  12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:bump::bump::bump:

:hurryup: And vote everybody!

Ichiban and MickyB like this.
  13. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cassie Northamptonshire
    Pah, it's difficult to choose when the shoe's on the other foot! Great cars again this month.

Decision took a while but I've voted.

Nels, FirstHonda and MickyB like this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thread bump this is open to everyone come on VOTE:bump::bump::bump::hurryup: closing soon

FirstHonda likes this.
  15. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Nels and chris2982 like this.
  16. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

Cheers buddy. . .
    I'm scrambling around trying to get stuff done to her today to try and steal a couple more votes haha ..

Got one roof rail painted and fitted. . Starting the other side now

20151204_115258.
    Wasn't 100% sure about doing them black but really happy I did.

:Smile:

Bones126 likes this.
  17. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hmmmm. . . Whether or not to fit the spoiler today :Wink:

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only one day to go folks :Tea: don't dally or you'll miss out.

19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

As they say, the 'phone lines are now closed, and the votes have been verified...:Laughing:

CONGRATULATIONS to all of the nominees for this month - it was a fine selection of cars to choose from - but particular :congratulations: go to the winner which, after a close fought battle with the FR-V of @chris2982 is @Jbob with his Elysion.

Well done indeed @Jbob - a well deserved win for a fantastic car!

Look out for the December vote, coming soon...:Smile:

MickyB, DC5Cassie, Jbob and 1 other person like this.
  20. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

Congratulations @Jbob a well deserved winner :Hooray:If I hadn't been a nominee i would have voted for you myself :Thumbup:

Jbob likes this.