Detailing Car scent alternative

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by exec, Sunday 26th Jul, 2015.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Some of you's might already do this but I have found a great alternative to car air fresheners. I've tried so many different air fresheners and none of them ever last long, don't smell nice and are expensive for what they are.

So what I did was I bought some oil fragrance from ebay, fitted a new pollen filter and dabbed lots of the oil onto the pollen filter in small DOT format. Now my car smells of a lovely lily fragrance, and when you switch on the air con or accelerate the smell filters through.

Not sure how long the scent will last but if your car has an easy access to the pollen filter (unlike mine), you can top it up easily regularly and a 150ml of fragrance only cost £1.50 which is less than your jelly bellys or ambi-pur.

Here's the fragrance I bought, comes in lots of other scents and in different quantities. I like the smell of lily so bought it in that scent and its a lovely sweet relaxing smell.

Fragrance Oils For Oil Burners - 10ml - Home Scent Aromatherapy - Pot Pourri | eBay

Garrydhu and Nighthawk like this.
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Cannabis? No officer, it's my air freshener!

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Well this lasted just over a week :Sobbing:

4. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Billy Dor Carrigaline
    Great idea,but was it a nightmares to remove the pollen filter,nearly bust a gut trying to release my previous cars one(Skoda fabia)

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    ^ Yeh it only makes sense if you have a car with easy access to the pollen filters, some cars have a system where you just press some tabs to lower the glove box and then you have direct access to the filters which just pull out, then you can just top it up every 2 weeks with the scent.