Engine & Gearbox car won´t start efter headunit replacment

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micko, Sunday 17th May, 2015.

1. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    i spent the hole day fitting my new rear view camera and my pioneer double din navi. along the way at startet the car 3-4 times and everything was working. when i was finished with fitting all the stuff i then try to start my car but it won't start. the starter is working and you can hear how its trying but nothing. i tried with some cables maybe the battery was dead but the same thing. the starter is running but nothing. i have swapped everything back to standard in hopes of the starting but still nothing.

the starter i running but it won't start. none of the dashbord ligth start exept the green ligth for the ligth. headunit won't start after i returned it it need a code.

can somebody tell me what it is. anyone tried the same.

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I think I understood your post, the first thing pops into my head is what wires did you splice into?

3. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    i got the double din headunit from pioneer with pioneer wiring loom. i then connected the control adapter to the pioneer loom and the to the cars harness.

the pioneer navi module i connected with the power cable to the yellow power cable on the loom og the negative cable to the chasis.

the rear view camera i connected the red power cable on the reverse ligth with the reverse cable from the headunit. and the negetive cable i connected to the chasis.

the parking brake cable from pioneer i connected to the chasis aswel.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Without looking at what you have fitted it's hard to say what the reason is. Was it plug and play with a proper harness adaptor or have you spliced into the cars harness?

5. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    it was plug and play. i have spliced into the reverse ligth with the rear camera.

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Could be the reverse light circuit then? Without looking I can't be sure what the implications are of adding the camera to that circuit. Check all your fuses

7. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    i will check the fuses first thing tommorow morning.

what about the code for the radio. i have it in my service book how do i active that.

8. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    I have no idea what your level of competence is working with car electrics. But not knowing how to enter a radio code and breaking your car fitting a radio I would say you could have bitten off more than you can chew. I realy hope it's just a fuse

Nighthawk likes this.
  9. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    i am not a pro with electrik, but i have done many audio upgrades. i havent tried the code yet becouse i foud it at home, that why i ask how its done.

know when i think about it, i startet the car normal and heard the music from the headunit then i turn the car of. then i spliced the reverse ligth power cable with the camera power cable and the reverse input cable from the headunit. after that it dident wanted to start. so i to hope its a fuse.

again, i am not a pro, but we learn from our mistakes. if we never try we will never learn. and yes some mistakes are more expensive then others :Smile:

10. Nighthawk Guest

my concern is that its your MICU. Hope you havent shorted that out.

@Beefy - does the 8th Generation have the same MICU setup like the 7th Generation where alot of the electronics are sent through it?

I can't see tappinginto the wrong wire damaging the circuit for starting the car unless its the MICU which has gone poof in which case, my understanding, it could well do. I know the MICU in the 7th Generation are quite sensitive

Did you test the red cable on the reverse light to make sure it was the correct cable? I know on the 7th Generation, the power cable for the reverse light is a green and white striped cable.

11. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    Okay boys. Almost half my fuses don't work under my steering wheel. When I take them out they are good but when I test them with my multimeter they don't work. What can it be.

12. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    So I just put a obd tester on and it says it has to faults. UO155.

13. Nighthawk Guest

What do you mean by when you take them out , they are good but when you test them they aren't.

That doesn't make sense, they either work or they don't

14. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    Is it possible that you could have disturbed the fuel cut off switch?

15. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    the fuses that don´t react on my multimeter, i have tried to put in some new one but nothing happens.

i have tried to press the bottom on the fuel switch and there to.

16. Nighthawk Guest

Have you tested directly onto the fuse box itself where the fuses normally plug into.

Im seriously starting to think you may have shorted your MICU. - which is incredibly expensive if you have. The wire you spliced into for the reversing light is the wrong one as far as I am aware ( I stand to be corrected if someone knows better)

With all due respect, it may be worth your time getting the car checked over by a professional electrician or dealer to prevent any further issues and expensive guess work

Nels likes this.
  17. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    Yes I have tried that and nothing. I will take it to Honda and they will bill me for it. That's what you call a expensive mistake.

18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I think the advice from @Nighthawk is the best way to go now. I have known people melt wiring looms and even cause fires from 'just a little mistake'.

19. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    Must do. But wow the double din for the 8th Generation looks awesome.

20. Nighthawk Guest

You asked for advice and that is mine. With all due respect again, car electronics are incredibly fussy and as @Nels has said, there have been others on here who have have completely fried fuse boxes and looms that have started a fire or could quite easily have done so.

Getting a diagnosis from Honda is less than replacing your car I would suggest. Take it in, get an idea of what the problem is and then work out your solutions because at the moment, you are guessing and we can only advise on what information you pass us.

Incidentally, that code you provided is for a shorted instrument cluster according to google. If that has been shorted, what else has gone poof too?