General Caravan Tug

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by tomi14robie, Thursday 3rd Mar, 2016.

1. tomi14robie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,I use my accord to tow my caravan and I am very pleased with the way it handles and the fuel consumption is good.
    My problem is IF I get stuck with my caravan on tow EG long wet grass/mud where would I attach a tow rope,I've had a peek under the front of the car but can't find anywhere,all my other cars had a means of removing a plastic cover and screwing a towing eye into a threaded hole.
    Just to say this is a great site with some helpful and knowledgeable guys
    Thanks Tom

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. tomi14robie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow,fingers crossed I don't get bogged down next week when I go caravaning,I've never had a car that you couldn't safely tow ,99% of the time I don't need a 4x4 but there is an odd time.....
    My caravan has a motor mover so if I do get bogged down I will disconnect the van attempt to get the car to tera firma then hopefully drive the van out using the motor mover or use the extra long tow rope I carry...
    Tom

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not all cars are made to tow sheds mate . Sorry if that comes across harsh .

5. tomi14robie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Shed indeed,an ignorant point of view
    Tom

6. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is a tow hook at the front, just in front of the off side front wheel (at least there is on mine!)
    Just got wet taking these pics:
    - - - Updated - - -
    And this

Attached Files:

legend-ary likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Each to their own mate..
    - - - Updated - - -
    The car may pull to one side more with that front one its more for securing the car on a low loader.

8. tomi14robie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the info regarding the tow hook up FOS I will check it out in the near future
    Tom

Simes likes this.
  9. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    there's one on each side on my car (CM2) so a Y configuration would do it

10. tomi14robie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Jim,thanks for your reply,what is a CM2 car,my car is a aAccord tourer 7th generation
    Regards Tom

11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    hover over the underlined acronym and it will pop up what it means. in this case CM2 is indeed 7th Generation Tourer.

12. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    ^ that's correct, so both car bodies are the same.

A bit more on 7th generation Accord Tourer ....CM2 has the 2.4 engine, CM1 has the 2.0 engine, and CN2 has the 2.2 engine.

The naming convention of the 7th Generation Accord was drawn up when they'd drunk too much sake whereas the 8th generation is more logical

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Naah 8th Generation has same about of "naming convention" if you look at it carefully.