General Carb to EFI Conversion on a D Series - Help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swampyjason, Wednesday 18th May, 2016.

1. swampyjason Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone.

My CR-X currently has the JDM D15b Non-vtec Dual Carb engine. My plan, is to do the Mini-Me D16 Vtec Head Swap. To do this, I also understand that I will have to convert from Carb to EFI because my engine uses a mechanical fuel pump which connects to the head/camshaft, not an electric one. I also want to convert to EFI for future tuning possibilities etc.

So with this in mind, I was wondering if any of you could list what I would need to be able to convert the Carb system to the EFI system?

I know the basics of what I'll need, but just any deeper specifics would be great; keeping in mind the mechanical fuel pump etc etc.

Thanks (y)

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate with due respect to you are you that technically minded to take this challenge or will you be asking someone to do this. Or has someone done this swap ? If not you will spend thousands on the project and your car will end up as a project. There are a few cars in here like that were thousands have been spent and they are still work in projects and can quite easily see a few more thousands being spent. If you like blowing money leave the poor CR-X alone and get a K series Honda and tune it .

4. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    sorry not in my field of expertise im an old school car ansd carb man
    seen to many of these kind of projects ending up on ebay as unfinished projects
    i don't mean to put a damper on your project but this is not a conversion I've ever come across