Body, Paint & Styling Carbon Wrap Center Console?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by RogerH69, Saturday 14th Feb, 2015.

?

Should I Carbon Wrap Center Console and silver parts of bottom Center Console ?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I was thinking of getting my center console wrapped in a carbon fibre design, similar to this one I saw on eBay (it's the stock silver at the moment, with hte rest of the dash being black)
    $_57 (5).JPG

At the same time, I was going to get the silver part of the bottom of the center console wrapped the same (see where the silver is in the example below - this is not from my car)
    $_57 (4).JPG

Should I? Shouldn't I ? Comments ? If you'd recommend another colour / design, please let me know in the comments below

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Done nicely it can look good. Attention to detail and getting all the fiddly corners done right makes all the difference.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm hopeless at this sort of question Roger.
    Just like when I'm asked, 'Do I better in this dress or that one?'
    :Frown: :Fear: :Fear: :no:

4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What about hydro graphics / hydro dipping? It cost a little more but results look great.

Water Transfer Printing - Hydrographics - Wassertransferdruck Automotive...:

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I have a huge disdain for the 7th Generation Civic console, the silver looks naff, thing is to me carbon fibre is so hit and miss - there are exceptions like @SpeedyGee said with a decent quality film and attention to detail when wrapping.

What about metallic wrap like I did to all my trim pieces?

40621_140217-trim-01_t. 40625_140217-trim-05_t. 40286_140226-trim-02.

You can get it in darker shades too. More here.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

7. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

That metallic wrap looks good.

8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I've ordered a full console set, pre-wrapped in carbon fibre black (not the one above), so will see how that looks - I'm trying to get away from the whole silver look, however, I can always goto a metallic (or other colour / design) wrap on my existing trim if I change my mind (and then flog the carbon wrap set).

I'm thinking that when I've decided which wrap to keep, I'll then wrap the silver parts of the bottom console trim to match, and possibly some other small trim pieces from the dash.

I know you can peel off plasti dip, can you also peel off wrap ?

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

You can but it does stick pretty hard, so you may end up peeling off some paint.

10. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

That's what I was worried about, which was another reason I decided to buy a pre-wrapped set.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Will hopefully have the carbon set mid week, and aim to have it installed by the weekend.