Bulletins & Advisories Careful in these areas when working on the i-CTDI engine

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Paul, Saturday 31st Dec, 2011.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Whilst at Holdcroft Honda I was given some top tips during the service of my car relating to areas under the bonnet which are delicate and care should be taken.

The first is the small top hose of the radiator (as shown below)

IMG_5874 crop & marked doc size.

This hose is very small and easy to rest on or bend. If too much pressure is placed on the hose it will break the plastic where is goes into the radiator. If this happens a whole new radiator will be needed as it is not a separate part. Be very careful! They can sometimes be plastic welded but the results can differ. By chance another Accord was in for an unrelated matter and it's radiator had been plastic welded where the small hose joins the radiator.

The second delicate area is the IMRC area under the engine cover.

There are lots of little filters and small plastic locators which can easily be damaged. A few pictures are shown below

IMG_0526. IMG_0527. IMG_0525.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just to add further to this brilliant tip by Paul ,this is applicable to working on all Honda cars equipped with diesel engines. When you the acoustic cover is removed, you should take care not to damage the vacuum electrovalves.

Diesel Vacuum Valve (EVRV) Damage AOCUK-i-CTDi 2.

The valves have an intake air filter (A) which can easily be damaged especially when working on the turbo/exhaust manifold or EGR valve.

Diesel Vacuum Valve (EVRV) Damage AOCUK-i-CTDi.

Damage to the vacuum valve air filter can allow dirt to enter the valve which can then cause malfunction of turbo or EGR valve. Majority of the complaints of "loss of power after EGR valve replacement" have been found to be caused by this type of damage.
    If the valve is damaged do not attempt to repair the valve but replace it.
    So please be careful whilst removing and installing the acoustic cover and don't leave heavy tool resting on these sensitive parts.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Nels can you take a picture of the rad as in post one buddy the picture is lost.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Is that the one you wanted @Ichiban

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks mate that's the one.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

My pleasure. :Hey: