Off-Topic Cars with Ugly Dashboards

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunkylover53, Monday 24th Mar, 2014.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I remember last year when I was looking for a car that I would skip a certain model purely due to the dashboard. Personally I think the dash of a car has to look good otherwise what's the point. Every time you drive it you'll just see a drab useless piece of plastic that makes you depressed. Anyway let me start with the Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo.

BP632548P11.

It's just a glowing orange mess with the odd smattering of red lit translucent plastic.

Have you guys come across any ugly dashboards?

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Every single Mazda.....if you have a fetish for near-constant vomiting and like cheap plastics and poor layouts, then these rubbish cars are right up your street!

Mazda = FAIL.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Vauxhalls, especially Vectras/Astrsa

listing_643156_pic10.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That Citroen one is a shocker. Looks like they tried to cover up how bad it is with some colour to try and claim "youth appeal." :Epic Fail:

Of the cars I've seen recently, the current crop of Subarus may be great machines, but IMHO the poor design and quality of the dashboards is shocking!

5. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Fiat Multipla.

Makes me feel seasick looking at it lol
    1999-2001_Fiat_Multipla_06.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Fantastic! Looks like the design committee had a long, boozy lunch, and then designed this straight afterwards. :beer

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

This could save the NHS some money.
    Instead of using Ipecacuanha to induce vomiting, just show them that picture.
    Also, I have to say, the outside of that thing is just as vile.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland

Grow up.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    He is entitled to his opinion fella don't bite!:Niceone: But Mazda plastics are suspect lets face it.

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    But we aren't. I remember when many weren't happy about Honda dealers and it was shut down pronto.

He is immature and bad karma, which I don't have time for.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What that got to do with this thread?

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Get the thread back on topic, Arctic we'll chat through this by PM :Smile:

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ As a MINI owner (and something of a fanatic) I tend to agree.

It's deliberate retro - almost a pastiche - and certainly form over function. Still love my MINI though...10 years owned (from new) this year and going nowhere! :OTT:

Quality is strong though (on my 2004 Cooper at least, think it declined with the last version) and it IS very popular...nobody mention estate agents, either!

15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My two older brothers had minis I always remember the push button on the floor to start the engine... How old would that be. I used to have a 1275GT in Denim Metallic Blue, Wolf Race Alloys, twin Webbers which gave it a great acceleration and I loved it to bits I like the new mini but the cockpit just doesn't do it for me. Just looked at the link I've posted and the Fiat 500 Abarth looks much better.

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Totally agree. Floor start would have been 1959 - (about) 1963/4 I think.

Had a few Minis and a couple of MINIs - 1974 Clubman, 1982 HL, 1987 Mayfair, 2001 MINI One (the dealer demo so I avoided the waiting list) and my current 2004 Cooper which I went to the factory to see being built. My brother had a 1275GT back in the day with Dunlop Denovo tyres (remember those?!) - but it was written off (I kid you not) after hitting a badger!

Great cars, nice to be able to have one as a weekend toy, wouldn't be without it. Pity now owned by BMW, but at least manufacture is still in UK so providing jobs.

17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I sold mine to a friend when I got married as I needed a bigger motor and bought an Alfasud 1.5Ti green cloverleaf. He went out one night had a few ales went off the road at speed and put it on its roof. Write off!!!!! I was gutted I looked after that car like a baby.... Maybe I just chose the wrong people to sell my cars to cause the guy I sold the Alfa to got a puncture put the spare on but didn't tighten the wheel nuts?? Off came the wheel and the car hit a lamp post Write Off.... Strange but true

18. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Yes the Mazda 6 dash is horrible but the first Mazda 3 is solid and well designed, mine was rattle free unlike my Accord which has 3 rattles which I'm currently trying to find. Vauxhalls all have awful dash layout/plastic.

Toyota dashboards always remind me of an Alba stereo.

19. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Rolf: so true

I really like the new mini dashboards, it's really pushing the envelope but its a good thing.

20. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    How about this for a dash then , any thoughts on what it is?
    Mike c

image.